}

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LOC Lady Marmalade

I have enjoyed doing some scrapbooking and what better place t start then with this photo of my youngest daughter.  Her dramatic look is the result some 'sister time' in the form of a makeover by her 14 year old sister - definitely a photo moment - just as well we have at least 4 cameras in the house!


This came together very quickly - as soon as I saw the colours in the photo I reached for this delightful flocked DP given to me in a RAK from my dear friend and Layers of Color artist and owner Laura.



This gorgeous Prima was a natural addition and is part of the divine Candy I won from Steph, along with the doily - I have always admired the large Prima's and now thanks to Steph I have quite a few to work with - wahoo!!  It is attached with foam tape to a Tim Holtz Grungeboard flourish that has been sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - you gotta love that stuff!!


Next I added my favourite butterfly of ALL TIME - from the Layers of Color Flutterescent Clear Art Stamps and lightly coloured it with SU Chalks, addling light touches of Kindy Glitz to give it some shimmer!


I have always been a fan of tags and love them in scrapbooking!  I added the sentiment 'A flair for the dramatic' - if you knew this girl you would add it too!  LOL! The gorgeous dove was also part of the RAK I received from Steph.


The finishing touch is the sentiment added to the sponged doily, I sponged around the edges to soften the white.  I was careful not to so too much as I love the contrast of the white doily.

This is for the following challenges:
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - Something Cute - my DD of course!  LOL!
ABC Challenge - S for Scallops
Pile it On - Pile on the Layers
Oh Alice - Sparkle
Twisted Thursday - Flocking or Feathers
Cowgirl's Sunday - Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and always leaving me such lovely comments - it makes my day!  God bless you! 
 {{{hugs}}}

12 comments:

  1. Wow, so much details!
    Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO - love the colours & embellishments. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priscilla and I think this is totally awesome. We are waving hi here from southeast Georgia visiting your blog and having a glass of champagne! Love you!

    Carol and Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda, this is fabulous. What a great picture to scrap and love the dramatic dp and that flower...wow! I am liking that butterfly and will have to put it on my next LOC order... Thinking more about the grungeboard and how I want to use it. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration. You are so very talented and inspiring :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so original and unique! Great colors and Embellies too! :) Thanks for joining us at Pile it On! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda I love how you have accented the colours in the photograph with your layout. Delightful page.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Layout and photo of your Daughter Linda..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful so pretty, thanks for sharing with us this week over at Stamp Something.

    Hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful. Thank you for joining the Alphabet challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is beautiful Linda. I love how you cropped the photo and added detail around it. Gorgeous. All your detail work is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely Linda! LOVE the layout and great photo too!!
    Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great LO Linda. With a clean and simple LO you really focus on the wonderful photo of your daughter.

    Thank you for sharing your page with us at CSSC and we hope to see you again next week for our Christmas Cards for Soldiers event. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}