}

Friday, December 3, 2010

LOC Faith Art Friday - Heaven

It is Faith Art Friday at Layers of Color

My card this week was inspired by the anniversary of the day our friends 13 year old son, Paul, passed away - unexpectedly, without seemingly any reason - this is the fourth anniversary. Paul's passing touched each and every life in the small school community that he was part of, along with our three children


I wanted the card to symbolise the beauty of Heaven, to capture the majesty of God  and to remind our friends of the days to come....

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea no longer is.
 And I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, having been prepared as a bride, having been adorned for her Husband. '


The embossed heart is symbolic of the heart of God
'And I heard a great voice out of Heaven, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God with men!
 And He will tabernacle with them, and they will be His people,
 and God Himself will be with them as their God.'

The wings represent our hearts being lifted up by God.  They speak of shelter.

 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
And death shall be no longer, nor mourning, nor outcry,
 nor will there be pain any more; for the first things passed away.
 And the One sitting on the throne said, Behold! I make all things new.
 And He says to me, Write, because these Words are faithful and true.'


The Old Hymn reminds me that there will be singing and rejoicing  in Heaven, the Throne of God will be surrounded with worship for our God!!  I chose these words specifically for our dear friends, to remind them that one sweet day, they will be reunited with their precious son - how beautiful are these words from the book of Revelation

 'And He said to me, It is done!
 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending.
To the one thirsting, I will freely give of the fountain of the Water of Life.
 The one overcoming will inherit all things,
 and I will be God to him, and he will be the son to Me.'
  Revelation 21:1-7

God's Word brings health to our flesh and life to our bones!! 
Worthy is the Lamb!!

This card is for the following challenges:
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Embellish It
Moving Along with the Times - For Someone Special
Southern Girls - It's Heating Up - heat embossed
My Time to Craft - Vintage
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

Layers of Color Art Stamps has a FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - You're invited to join the fun!... and... Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

28 comments:

  1. Linda this is absolutely beautiful, and I love the meditation you included with it.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is a beautiful card, I am sure your friends will be very touched. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card linda love that gold embossing.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card ,it will mean so much to your friends
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this weel
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, your friends will really appreciate it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this is so beautiful! I love these words from Rev.! No more tears, no more mourning, no more pain.... worshiping the Alpha & Omega with all the saints in glory!!! Love all the symbolism you added.. the gold embossing is so perfect and love the wings! Love that sheltered place! Thanks for sharing this blessing today!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Linda and lovely embossing details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really breathtaking card.
    It's very beautifullll!!!!
    the detail is amazing,
    Your friend will love this special card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, this card is absolutely STUNNING. I would go so far to say it is my favorite of yours this year. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation, full of fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,Ah this is lovely. I love the image you have chosen and the card is super. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always do such beautiful work and the sentiment and scriptures for this along with your heart felt message is an aroma pleasing to God Himself and we are also priveleged enough to inhale this sweet heavenly scent. Glorious and Wonderful! Paul I'm sure would love and be humbled over this card and fuss!
    Beautiful work my love....you are truly part of the one Creator to display so many exceptional creations each week....:)
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only say a genuine Thank-You for sharing your card with us at My Time To Craft Challenge this week and that I was lucky enough to be one of the DT to view your - Your card is stunning !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, I am sure your friends will appreciate it on what is no doubt a tough day for them. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so creative,gorgeous! Thankyou for sharing it with us at Southern Girls,It's heating up!Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a truly beautiful card but I'm sorry to hear it is for such a sad occasion. I hope it will bring comfort to your friends. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls this week. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awful for your friends and the community, this is an absolutely stunning card, a work of art. Thank you so much for sharing it with us and playing aong with us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my friend, what a touching tribute to your friend and I just know this will be treasured by your friends. What a lovely representation of the comfort we receive in knowing that we will see our brother's and sisters again some day. Linda I see God just oozing from some of your creations. So inspirational my friend not just artistically but in the sharing of God's word as well. You have captured the essence of these verses in your art my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Al's i can say is just STUNNING,i love all the gold embossing,an amazing card.Thanks foe sharing it with us all at southern girls

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fantastic Linda! Love the gold embossing on the notesheet! Stunning!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  22. So very touching and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is such a beautiful card and what a special way to honor a very special person. I love everything about this card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls, I hope to see more wonderful projects from you.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  24. A stunning card Linda and equally a wonderful idea. Such a lovely way to remember someone special.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh girl...this is so so amazing!! Love the gold embossing!! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a really beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls and good luck!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. totaly amazing! so beautiful, it really toutched my heart thanks for joining us at SGC. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}