}

Monday, February 23, 2015

Restored Notice Board

Hello there Blog Friends - I hope you have had a lovely and relaxing weekend. For those of us in the Southern Hemisphere - it is the last week of summer....funnily enough, tonight we had rain and thunder - love that!


My husband picked up a Notice board that was in need of fixing - it had a few little things that needed fixing but not too bad for $4.00 and I LOVE to recycle!!


It quickly became a joint project with the Hot Glue Gun being the hero - DH glued down the backing that has become unattached - don't you love the Hot Glue Gun!!!


I had some lovely vintage buttons that were perfect for the crossover sections.  The 'shank' at the back of each button was removed - once again the Hot Glue Gun to the rescue when attaching the buttons.



Some twine braid was also added, typically AFTER the buttons has set, so it was tucked under the buttons and glued down - as you can see the buttons add a lovely touch and are definitely a focal point!.

I hope you are inspired to recycle/upcycle things before rushing off to get an updated one - it can be so much fun!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
{{{Hugs}}}
Follow on Bloglovin


7 comments:

  1. Love this recycled project. It's great that your hubby collaborated with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your upcycled project - not only useful but so elegant! We must be on the same wave length - I just did an upcycled project too! LOL!! Happy week to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so classy Linda - love the addition of the braid and buttons!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the right web site for anybody who wishes to understand this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really
    would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic that has been written about for many years.
    Great stuff, just great!

    Take a look at my web site - san francisco professional organizer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}