}

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Shabby Silhouette

Hello Blog friends - It is Sunday night for me - the weekends just seem to fly by - I am sure you find the same. I hope yours has been a relaxing one and you were able to have a little 'you time!'  For me that means time in The Studio - my happy place, well, one of them!


One thing I try to do regularly is create cards from those bits and pieces that gather on my desk like wildfire - now that I have a longer desk I could be in real trouble of I do not do this regularly! LOL!


I have used a silhouette image that was sent to me in a RAK years ago ( I know! I know! I should have used it long ago!!)  The gorgeous frame is cut using a discontinued Die from Spellbinders and has been popped up using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares.  This has been layered onto the A2 Valiant Honor  Nestabilities® Card Creator.  The sentiment is from Sentiments 3.  All Dies have been cut/embossed using the Grand Calibur Die Cutting and Embossing Machine 


The wooden butterfly embellishment is from Prima and the bling by Want2Scrap.  The gorgeous patterned paper is from Authentique Paper and is one of my favourites.

This card is for the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - One for the Girls
Crafting with Dragonflies - make it floral 
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything goes
QKR Stampede – Use a Die Cut
Simply Create Too Challenge - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Always Anything Goes  
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
Moo-Mania & More - Embellishments 
Crafty Catz Challenge - Flowers
WordArt Wednesdays - Anything Goes

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
{{{Hugs}}} and happy crafting!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh what a stunner Linda - classic 'you' with the layers and bling and that elegance that you (appear to) achieve so effortlessly.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I love the effect of the silhouette. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The framed silhouette is a wonderful main image. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 197th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty. The silhouette image is lovely. I know what you mean about using up those bits my collection is growing daily. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, love all the details. Thanks so much for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the dies you chose to frame the silhouette! Thanks so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this is sooo cute. Love the cameo affect. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING!
    Thanl you for linking to Moo Mania & More!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card, love the oval die cut, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card. Love all the colours. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    Creative Fingers DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting With Friends and a Gem of a Challenge

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, so nice. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Linda. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}