}

Sunday, July 18, 2010

CSSC - Merry go Round

Wow Sunday comes around so fast - this is my second post for today and can you believe my third week for the  Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen' Challenge!  This week we are using a Sketch Challenge and the colour turquoise with pink and/or red.


Now who doesn't love a Merry Go Round - I certainly love this one, there is so much detail and could not resist using it for this weeks challenge!


I had to have a couple of attempts at the colouring - the first attempt I coloured the horse a light brown and was not happy with the outcome it looked so boring - not the horse I would pick on the carousel, so I went with the lighter colour house and am much happier - what do you think?!


I used the D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder as I wanted to give the feel of movement.  I added the Perfectly Paisley embossing as I am a Paisley kind of girl and I love the feel it gives too - nice and girly in pink!!  I can't believe I said that - cause I am not really a pink girl!


I finished off with some ribbon and a flower brad - both from various Blog Candies I have won along the way - it pays to enter these things and some one's got to win them - may as well be one of us!

I am linking this to the following Challenges:
Stampavie - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Summer Days
Pollycraft - Bold and Bright
Wild Orchid Challenge - Say It with Flowers
Ann's Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Our Daily Bread - Color Something
Stamp Something - Digital
Thank you for stopping by and for the lovely comments you leave me!  I appreciate you taking the time to let me know you have been!  I hope your weekend is relaxing and you get time to enjoy your friends and family and maybe even get in a little crafting - just to make it perfect!!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

16 comments:

  1. It is really lovely! The colors are very pretty togheter and the horse looks fab! (but he is facing the wrong way)

    Take care and sleep tight!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Linda thanks for joining us (again lol)over @ JI
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like the light colored horse, very cheerful, I would pick this one. The colors are awesome, very pretty how you used a yellow highlight. The distressing is fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tHis looks great a lovely image.
    thanks for joining us at J.I challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - this is a real beauty Linda - love the colouring on the horse and the embossing behind.

    Enjoy your crafting my friend and may you know God's peace this week.
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful,love the bright cheery colours!!! The horse does look like a replica off a carousel!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda~ Thanks for joining us at WOC Challenge! Your work is so sweet! Absolutely beautiful carousel!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful Linda. I so love your colors and coloring of the horse! Such bright fun colors!
    Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet is this hors. Love what you made out of it. Thanks playing along with J.I this week.
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. just sooo sweet thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational this week hugs from Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how scrummy looking is this card, very bright and fun looking.
    Thanks for joining us again at just inspirational
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Linda, love all the pretty colors. So cheerful! http://lovelylindascraftcentral.blogspot.com/2010/07/cssc-merry-go-round.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the link...Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    wow this is gorgeous, thanks for playing along at Stampavie and more.
    Hugs Kaylou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card, love the image its fab

    thanks for joining in with the Allsorts fun this week

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very pretty card!!! Beautiful image and colouring too!! Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}