}

Saturday, July 17, 2010

LOC The Good Old Days

I have had a bit of creative time while we were offline due to storm damage.  Endeavouring to get some things that have been lying around put away, I came across this photo of my Grandmother and her sister when they were little - it was sitting on my dressing table actually and I have finally found a home for it!


I used the fabulous Art Stencils from Layers of Color - they add such a great look to a layout without too much effort - instant results - and don't we all love that!!


I started form the photo and worked my way out this time - quite different for me.  I layered the photo onto creme CS and lightly distressed the edges, then added some lovely chunky mustard lace trim to the photo.  I I had previously created some DP with the Belle Brocade Art Stencil using Frayed Burlap and Peeled Paint Distressing Ink alternately!  You can see this in some of the photos below.


I created a tag and inked around the edges and added a sentiment plus the gorgeous flower which was part of a Blog Candy I won from the lovely Abby- and we all love Abby's work don't we!!  To the centre of the flower I added a cameo button that was part of a RAK from my dear friend Pam (aka pam124)  The cameo is a favourite part of this layout as I have my Grandmothers Cameo necklace and treasure it dearly!  Thank you girls for your gorgeous contributions to my layout.


Sentiments are added - these are actually 3D stickers - aren't they fabulous!!!  The 'Post Card' Sentiment and the postmark are from Stampin' Up - I have lightly chalked them to make them look aged.


This has all been added to some lightly patterned Basic Grey DP that I have added some on the Victorian Corner Art Stencil to - I have sponged this with Frayed Burlap Distressing Ink.and finished off with a few touches - the gorgeous Hydrangea from Pam (aka pam124) I lightly sponged around the edges of the flower, some Kaiser pearls next to the photo and the torn embossed CS framing one corner of the DP.

I must say, I enjoyed creating this and being back in the vintage 'jenre.'  I love to try my hand at other styles, but always seem to come home to vintage and nostalgic creations.

I am linking this to the following Challenges:
Ann's Creative Nook - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge - Say It with Flowers
Order of the Opus Gluei - Make Someone Smile
Your Next Stamp - Flower Power 

Thank you for looking and for the fabulous comments you leave me - you make my heart smile!  It is a COLD but sunny Saturday here and I am enjoying the movie the family is watching - well, I am enjoying listening anyway! LOL!  God bless you! 
{{{hugs}}}

19 comments:

  1. Love the way you manage to get so much detail into what at first glance looks like a very simple layout.
    Stunning page, my friend.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this is such a beautiful layout! I love it! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous layout, it is absolutely wonderful and rich with memories and embellishments that are perfect! It made me smile, as I'm sure it made you smile as well for capturing a mood and the memories. Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Linda, gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a ll things vintage and this is extra special thank you for jjoining us at Just Inspirational Challenges this week
    good luck
    hugs from Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO Linda Thanks for joining us over @ JI
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is absolutely fantastic! What a great way to treasure these old memories. I must start doing some scrapbooking again! I did some a few years back that I have framed and hung on the wall, but it stopped at that. But this is very inspiering. Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous vintage page Linda!! LOVE every detail about this, and those stencils in the corners are so PERFECT! Lovely brocade piece as well. We can definately see how much LOVE went into creating this page. Absolutely beautiful! Hope you will enter this for magazine publications... it's definately worthy of front cover. Even though that's prolly the last thing on your mind... but it's so wonderful that you should share it with the world =) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda this is amazing!! Got here from the IC over on SCS, and now I'm a new follower!! Love your work!! Can't wait to see the rest of this wonderful show place!! :)
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning love scrap layouts, thanks for joining us at J.I challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have definitely found a "home" for your wonderful photo of your Mother and Aunt. You've put so much detail and wonder into this it is obvious you love vintage!

    I can't imagine a "cold" day -- I am in Phoenix, Arizona at 115 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Linda.. What a great way to find a special and creative home for you photo.. I Love the vintage feel.. We have had so many storms here too.. It is in the 90's and hot..Stay warm..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Linda! Do you sleep? and eat? You just keep pumping out beautiful creations! Any you are always commenting, you are a sweetie. This page is so awesome, the overall sepia look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is stuning, love what you made out of the picture, never worked other way round. Thx playing alone with J.I
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful layout. I love all the details on here. You did it great. I love layouts wherein the pictures POP, and this layout makes the picture POP. It really made me SMILE. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layout Linda. Lovely the vintage theme and shabby look!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at YNS Challenge and good luck :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful layout fit for a very special photo! I love the vintage feel and all the gorgeous details! Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenges!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely scrap page. Thanks for joining in with us this week on just inspirational
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}