}

Thursday, July 29, 2010

LOC Irresistible

Shabby and romantic - throw in a bit of vintage and you have described these gorgeous Vintage Roses Clear Art Stamps from Layers of Color.  Who says roses have to be pink, red, yellow or white to be beautiful!  I am loving them sepia - they have a romance all of their own.


I embossed the roses with white embossing powder directly onto the Nestibilitie and then used the Emboss Resist technique using Distressing Inks in Straw, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  The edges of the Nestibilitie, and all edges, were sponged around with the Walnut Stain.


This was layered onto some fabulous embossed wallpaper that a neighbour had given me, he makes Victorian Dolls Houses and they only use tiny amounts, so I inherited quite a nice little supply of it - I really must use it more - it is fabulous and so elegant! 


Some crotchet lace has been added and the flowers.  The centre flower is from a prize I won - 4 packs of Wild Orchid Roses, how divine is this one and so perfect.  I just love these roses and paired it with some smaller blooms I purchased from a Thrift Shop - getting around 20 flowers for 10 cents - a bargain in anyones eyes!  I made a pin using the sticks and beads I was sent by my dear friend Sabrina (aka okimom2girls) and threaded it through the rose.

I finished off with gold pearls on either side of the Nestibilitie and some Vintage Corners (by Cuttlebug)  This was not a hard card to make, it came together quickly - possibly because I could see it in my mind first - that can make it easier - or work against you in some cases! LOL!

I am linking this to the following Challenges:
Create 4 Fun - Flowers

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Thank you for coming and visiting with me today, I love to see you have been!  Thank you for your lovely comments and encouragement you leave me here!  You make my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

11 comments:

  1. This is yummy, stunning and just gaw-juss!! What more can I say :-)!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Linda, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love those colors and all of the little special touches you've added....I am speechless my friend!!! A piece of ART....and I would so frame this one ;D;D!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strikingly beautiful, Linda! Wow, I adore the vintage style and all your gorgeous textural details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Linda, this is gorgeous. I love how the roses look in white. The staining really makes them pop. I love the lace and the wallpaper and the stickpin from Sabrina! All came together for a classic work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! I had forgotten about this technique and WOW you have totally done it justice!! Love it!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and the rose stamp is so pretty. The colors look great and I like the sepia too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Inspiring, stunning, fantastic! The wall paper looks like tile on the top of your card. The roses came out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful warm tones and fabulous detailing! Great technique with this image, too! The stickpin is wonderful! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree you should frame this little piece of art. It's sooooooo gorgeous ...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the prettiest brown roses I have ever seen! And I LOVE that you re-purposed the wall paper. I can't wait til I get a job and can start shopping again. I want to start going to the local antique stores and see what I can find to re-purpose. There is just something really grand about taking something that is very old, that someone got rid of and bringing it back alive for today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card with amazing detail. Thanks for joining WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}