}

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

LOC Musings

I have been making the most of having to be off my feet and you know that meant creating!  I have created this card for The Case Study Challenge who have my dear friend and UBER talented Nina Brackett as their December Muse.  I am sure many of you are familiar with Nina's work - it seems to be popping up everywhere!

I am also inspired by the divine palette from The Color Room this week - I love their site and am often lurking but do not seem to play along often enough!!  We are now able to play along with cards as well as layouts - how good is that!!

I had a lot of fun with this card, a very simple one from me as I am only able to get away with so many trips to Craft Central to stock up on supplies, otherwise I could undo all of the good that is being done by medication and rest....so I try and get everything on one trip - a HUGE challenge in itself!!  LOL!


I have used a printed music sheet and then using Tim Holtz Distressing Ink I have sponged on the Layers of Color Vintage Medallion art stencil This has been done randomly to try and imitate Nina's doily image.


My flower is an altered Prima Flower that I won in a Blog Candy. I carefully removed the button and added an image from Layers of Color Touch of Elegance art stamp set, then reattached the decorative button.  I do love the softness of the green on this flower, there are a number of shades that are not so apparent in the photo!


Some lovely old lace that is recycled from a vintage doily has been added and a faux ribbon using Old Olive card stock.  Nice and easy but I do love the warmth and fullness the Vintage Medallion art stencil has added!  I do have to say that card making and scrapbooking are so much quicker with these art stencils that can be use din so many ways!

This card is for the following challenges:
Crafty Emma's Challenge - Anything But a Christmas Card
Mami Doodles - Anything Goes
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

We would love you to come and join Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - You're invited to join the fun!...and...Layers of Color Art Stamps also has a FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

17 comments:

  1. Nice one Linda!! Love all the depth you have achieved here with the music paper and stencil.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, this is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the green and the way you used the Vintage Medallion stencil. Just gorgeous job on the challenge my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Linda. I love the lace and pretty fabric flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uber gorgeous!!! Keep relaxing and taking care of yourself, hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda you amaze me.... how you can create while reclining... I have this visual, but maybe I have it all wrong! LOL! This card is so beautiful and such a great take on Nina's inspiration card this week! Love the stencil!!!! Just beautiful! So glad to know you are doing better! Keep that leg up and rest and we'll keep praying!
    hugs and blessings my friend,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Linda!! I adore the soft romantic quality and colors! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that your leg will continue to be healed. I can imagine how hard it is to be still. I love how the stenciled medallion looks. The pearls and that gorgeous flower make the card. Blessings and Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flower - very artistic and finishes off this card perfectly... all the best with your challenges.

    Also - thank you for your encouraging message left on my blog re: SSIC challenge. Appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, you're so creative hun!! I love your flower design and the musical notes in the background is subtle but fabulous!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how very detailed and textured! Another lovely card of yours, Linda :)
    I'm glad you took the time to play with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fantastic card, love that doily! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats on your CASE Study shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, do I love that background you created and that amazing flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a scrummy card..that flower is wonderful!! Thanks for playing at CES xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}