}

Monday, December 27, 2010

LOC Sunburst Bird

Can you believe Christmas is over - I hope you all had a fabulous time spent with those you love.  Our family had a great time, it was very laid back and relaxed - so relaxed in fact, that we had two friends who came for Christmas lunch and stayed for two nights - we loved it!


I am happy to say that I did have some time for card making and just had to play along with Case Study, the one and only Nina Brackett is their December Muse and I love casing her work.  This card is a little bit different for me, I stayed pretty close to Nina's card, using the Layers of Color Vintage Medallion art stencil to create my DP.


I used this fabulous image from the  Layers of Color Backyard Birds art stamp set as the main image, stamping it directly onto the Spellbinders Large Oval , that has been cut with my new Grand Calibur - I am having so much fun with it!!


I added  the small flourish from the Layers of Color Creative Flourish art stamp set, lightly colouring it with SU Chalks and adding some Kaiser Bling - I love the shape of these gems!

This card is also for the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Anything Goes
Craft Your Days Away - Punch it Out
Order of the Opus Gleui - Show us What You Made
Corrrosive Challenges - Bling It On
The Crafty Pad - Anything Goes
GingerLoft - Distressing
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes
CES Challenges - Anything Goes

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

 You are invited to join the Layers of Color Art Stamps FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - we would love you to join the fun...and...join us on our FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

13 comments:

  1. Linda your bird is lovely because the colours are so rich.
    I am really liking the stencilling too.
    How do you keep up with all those challenges? It makes my head dizzy thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Love the flourishes & the colours are fab!
    Thank you for joining us at OSAAT & CES Challenge, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Linda, you always do such wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Linda!! Fantastic layout and colors!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas my friend!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that your Christmas was blessed with having a relaxing time with friends and family, perfect!

    Beautiful card, Linda! I love the life and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card I love the colours you have used
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy Linda, this is fabulous - I love your choice of colours too - one of my favourite combinations :-)
    So glad to hear you enjoyed your Christmas.
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there

    I am thrilled you have joined in my "Free and Easy" theme at Allsorts this fortnight and confess to being astounded by the huge response - over 500 so far !

    I usually like to visit every entry and say a few words about their creations, but the sheer volume so far along with the holiday preparations we all have to juggle means this is a "copied and pasted" message, for which I apologise.

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

    B x

    Have you entered my new candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at CES this time.

    Hugs
    Cathy GD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome design, Linda! I love that you used the same stencil :)
    Thank you for joining us again in this busy season, Happy New Year wishes to you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Linda, I love the effect and the gorgeous coloring, thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, Have a Happy New Year
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I am SO impressed with that stencil! A terrific take on Nina's card. And that bird is just the sweetest! So glad you played along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges. Good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}