}

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Card Class 2 Paris/ Shabby Bird

My second class at Scraps'n'Stuff at Richardson is last approaching and I thought I would give you a look at what we are doing that night


My first card is an envelope card (if you know the proper name for this PLEASE let me know)/  I love the elegance of this card, I discovered it at a Stamping Night and my friend and SU Demo's, Ann - we are always guaranteed to learn something new EVERY TIME - and we love that don't we!!


The insert has so many possibilities - I went with the Paris sentiment, although you can use whatever suits the occasion....


The flower is handmade and will be part of the class as well.

My next card is more Shabby Chic - just for a change of pace.


The DP is embossed with the Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder using my Cuttlebug.


This divine bird is from an Inkadinkadoo Stamp set and has been popped up onto a stamped and distressed tag.


The bow is some divine lace and completed with a flower and brad


The final touch is the punched border using the Fiskar Sunburst Border Punch - and of course there is.always sponging, inking and distressing - or it wouldn't be my class!  LOL

I am happy to say that my first class went really well, we had a lot of fun and this time I am hoping to remember my camera and get some photos - the ladies did a fabulous job with their cards. 

These cards are for the following challenges:
Desert Island Crafters Challenge - Using 3 Items for Itinerary - card 1 - Handmade Flower, Distressing, Inspired by Nature
Everybody Art Challenge - Spring - both cards
Oldie But a Goodie - Spring is in the Air - both cards
Papertake Weekly -Anything Goes - both cards
Tip Top Tuesday - Favourite Embellishments and/or Technique - both cards - both cards distressing
Tuesday Throwdown - Tag You're It  - card 2
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Tags - card 2
By the Cute and Girly - Spring - both cards
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes - both cards
Crazy4Challenges - Flowers - both cards
One Stop Craft - Spring Flowers - both cards

Thank you for visiting today, I appreciate you taking the time to comment, it always makes me day to see that you have been - if only it was in real life - wouldn't that be fun - think how inky we would get!  LOL!My coffee pot is always on!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

18 comments:

  1. Wow these are fabulous, very elegant.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers Linda! What fabulous projects you have for your class! I'd just love to pop in on your class!!! How fun would that be?!! Love the hand made bloom and your tag is divine! Great design on the envelope card! Fab!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely Linda!!! It really is gorgeous and will be such a hit at your class. I would love to come to your class, maybe Grace and I could come together...oh the fun that would be!! The flower is such a perfect embellishment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm - Pity the ditch is so wide or I would jump over and join in - these are fabulous projects, and sounds as though you have a ball teaching :-)
    Love that 'envelope card'!! You will have to do a tutorial on it.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Linda, love the lace and flower on that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK... WOW! this card is stunning Linda, so beautifully done, This are my favorite colours. and it is so so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at BTC&G and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one thing your distressed cards are definitely not Linda, is distressing!
    Always amazing, always beautiful. Love them both.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
    hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful samples, Linda! Your class will love them, I like the idea that you are teaching how to create the flower as well. Glad the first went well and I'm betting the second one will too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely but I adore the second one in the blue with the bird, thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week, my favourite is distressing too! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous cards Linda so beautifully made love the inked edges and the embossing thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very special this card is Linda. Well, of course Paris is my dream trip, and it is going to happen this year. Yes, I am turning 50 and packing my bags and my best and oldest friend and we are FLYING TO PARIS DARLING!!!

    Your rose, dp and card is awesome, your class must have been so much fun. Wish I could be there to "make trouble" so you keep me during recess. LOL

    Hugs to you my dear friend, Peggyxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are beautiful Linda. Love the vintage look and lovely colors. Thanks for sharing them with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant and stylish card Linda. Thanks for joining in at Oldie But Goodie this week
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning cards thankyou or joining us over at Oldie But A Goodie this week
    love n hugs
    liza
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards! I love them both!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting!
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow linda - these are two stunning cards - love the vintage look and soft colorus - beautiful! Thanks for joining in this week's Oldie But A Goode spring challenge.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful stamping and details!! Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly this month!!

    Hugzzzz
    Tammy xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}