}

Monday, March 7, 2011

LOC Some Layouts to Share

Another one of my passions is Scrapbooking - it has always amazed me how much I love it!  I have been creating layouts for nearly two years now and love knowing that I am capturing moments that have captured my heart - I am sure you know the feeling. 

I am very blessed to have a fabulous friend and SU Demo who has inspired me so much - my friend Ann.  Her classes are always so motivational and her ideas 'outside the sqaure'  For me, Ann is a fabulous mentor and I am  very grateful for her - on many levels!


These two layouts are from our last class - I usually get the 'bones' of the layout done at the class and then come home ad add my own flavour - which in a lot of cases is Layers of Color....they never cease to inspire me no matter what project I take on,


You will see these divine butterflies feature on many of my projects
They are from the Layers of Color Flutterescent art stamp set.  I love the size and versatility of these butterflies - they are great for cards or layouts.


All butterflies on these layouts have been coloured using my SU Chalks and Blender Pen.  I also just had to use the Tim Holtz Flourish - too much temptation for me!  LOL!


Nothing inspired me more to scrapbook, than my children - feminine pages are easier for me, but once I get started with layouts of my son, they just evolve.


I have used the Layers of Color Belle Brocade art stencil on both layouts, around the edges - Art Stencils are a 'must have' for me - I love the amazing results with minimum effort!

The Flutterescent butterfly and Flourish work well on a masculine page too - it is too easy to limit ourselves, being scared to add these touches to a masculine project - but we need to branch out more and have a try - you might be pleasantly surprised!!




The sentiment is from the back of a Kaiser Catalogue - it is perfect for my boy.  I have cut it with a Circle Cutter and added half circles and brads each side for decoration.

I am happy to finish these pages - I normally potter with them for days after class - but not this time - I have even got one more to show you, But I will save that for another day!

These layouts are for the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - 'R' is for Ribbons
PaperTake Weekly - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid #18 - Anything Goes
Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful - Time for Neutral Beauty 

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

8 comments:

  1. Sensational Linda! These pages looked great at class but as usual you've made them your own with the fabulous finishing touches. The kiddy licks look most handsome and beautiful and the pages certainly enhance the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous pages, Linda. Your style, as always, is superb!!! What a wonderful keepsake these will be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Linda - love the sepia tones you have used on both pages.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda these are just gorgeous!!! Love how you used the sepia tones to create such classically elegant pages!!! Thanks for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The details on these pages Linda are just amazing. you have quite an eye and love the sepia color tone...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful LO - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour an layout.

    Thanks for joining us at AC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these pages they are gorgeous - love the black and cream colour combo

    thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog - hope to see you at our next challenge

    Hel xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}