}

Monday, May 10, 2010

Bella Baby & a Surprise RAK

I have a card to share with you today - it is one I made just for fun and also as I don't have many baby cards and figured as soon as I don't have one - someone is going to have a baby!! LOL!  You know how it goes!  This one is made with a RAK I received and have had aside to colour and just never seemed to get to it - so here it is!


I went with the pink and blue colour theme, although is does look more girly than for a boy.  The image is coloured with chalks.


The sentiment is stamped from my friend Melinda's (melinda80) SU Set.  The rest of the card is very straight forward - very simple but every now and then it is nice to make something that  you don't have to think much about - the colouring is like therapy - saves my DH big $$'s!!


I also wanted to share with you this beautiful surprise I got today in the post - it 'blew me away' - you see, I got a fabulous tin of Prismacolor Pencils - the things I only dream of!!  I am so touched by the generous gift, on many levels and say a HUGE and HEARTFELT THANK YOU to my very generous friend and sister!!  I am itching to use them but will be doing some research first - feel free to throw any advice my way - I will need it!!  I have read to use Gamsol - or is it Baby Oil - please help the newbie to this...LOL!
I am linking this to:
Oh Alice - Card for a child
SophistiCat Challenge - Card for a Child
One Stitch at a Time - Children's theme
I hope you are all having a great day - mine has just 'peaked!!' LOL! Thank you for visiting with me and those lovely comments you leave me - I love seeing you have been - it makes my day!  God bless you
{{{hugs}}}

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,I love it Linda!!! And,WOW your colouring is brillant!! Oh how lucky are you,have fun with your pencils......I know you will do a fantastic job with them!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one lucky girl! I would love some Prismacolors! Why don't you thry them with your beloved Blender Pen? ;o)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is brilliant hun,so love that image hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card - love those blue buttons - delightful detail!! What an awesome RAK - God is so good :-)

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Linda - what a great baby card!!! What a wonderful friend to send you such a fabulous RAK gift --- and you so deserve it!!! Here in Australia you need to look for Odourless Mineral Spirits (Gamsol)....look in Riot or Art stores!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}