}

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

LOC TCR#4 Love my Bear

Helo - I am finally here -  have felt like I am 'behind the eight ball' all day and have had to photograph this layout three seperate times to get rid of shadows as it is WET and overcast - not that I am complaining about the weather - it is just hard to photograph properly!


This layout is for The Color Room - using the colours for this weeks palette, I love the autumn tones and there is plenty of inspiration around here at the moment - Canberra is spectacular in autumn.


These photos are of my children when they were younger, they wanted to have a Birthday Party for their Teddy Bears - they just loved those bears ( and just quietly, still do!)  I used the delish cupcake from the Layers of Color art stamp set Birdday Party and added it to the lace.  I also added a leaves and flowers throughout the layout from the Nature Walk art stamp set.  I love the special touches they add.


I have tried to keep a masculine feel to things, for my DS's sake but could not resist adding the flowers from Nature Walk here as well!


How cute is this cat from the Dotted Delights art stamp set - I just had to add him - I love the tail just hanging there, as cat's do!   The flourish is from the Creative Flourishes art stamp set.


These ticketed sentiments from Autumn Leaves  are among my favourites - my DH hunted for them, and the punch, everywhere for me when I was new to stamping and finally found then at Simon Says Stamp - I thought it was the cutest name for a 'little shop'  - LOL!  How little did I know back then - and what a darling my DH is for going to so much trouble for me - I am keeping him!! LOL!


I love these letters and  have to tell you that my DH got me these too - from our local Kmart - they were on sale for $1 a pack - God bless that man - he looks after me.  I inked them with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Walnut Stain and then sponged them with Marmalade - ink, NOT jam - just incase you wondered! LOL!  So there you have it - I am happy with it, but you know how it is, they always look better in real life - or is that because of my photography!?!?

I am linking this to:
By the Cute and Girly - Celebrations
Corrosive Card Challenge - Let's Celebrate
Cute Daisy May - As You Like it
Quixotic - How Distressing


Thank you for looking and for those lovely comments you leave me - I love your visits, you always make my day.  You can see more at The Color Room - there are the most amazing Scrapbookers over there - I am so aware that I am just a novice in a field of experts - but I am looking and learning everyday - isn't that what we are all about!!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

6 comments:

  1. What a great page - love your layout and the colours and everything!!! Your eye for detail is incredible - e.g. the wee cat and the cup-cake bird, never mind the pearls and flowers and flourishes......... you get the idea!

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful layout and you are right those letters are amazing.The colours are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month - hope you will play along next month too
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as usual, Linda. If you are still learning, you are learning well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one amazing piece of work. So much attention to detail and the colours are superb. Thanks so much for sharing at BTC&G and WhoopsiDaisy this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous, sweet photos and fab colours and details.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic page. Thanks for joining the May WhoopsiDaisy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}