}

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Dare to Reach Out

Hello friends, thanks so much for stopping by.  As most of you would be aware there are horrendous 'apocaliptic' style fires engulfing huge parts of Australia - so many houses lost and people killed. At one point we were on alert and had bags packed and supplies ready should the call to evacuate come - thankfully it has not, but no-one can relax yet with shocking heatwave and weather conditions next week- with so many active fires still happening no-one can afford to be complacent!!  My usual way to keep myself centred is to spend time in The Studio - but each time I have sat in there I have felt nothing but emptiness - and then I started to think about the statement by Fred Rogers “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” and you only have to go as far as facebook to see the generosity of people - it is overwhelming and inspired me to create a page for my Art Journal...As I have mentioned with each page - we are all on a journey, whether it is art, faith, health or something else.  


My pages have been created using recycled cardboard.  It is very simple, starting with recycled patterned paper adhered to the page using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Adhesive Runner.  Lots of layers have been added but it is still not bulky - one of the reasons I love Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares.  The page has been sponged around the edges using black ink.


The Tim Holtz Paper Dolls are part of a prize I won recently on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and have been adhered to the right of the layered and sponged sentiment using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Adhesive Runner.  Older Spellbinders Die cuts and patterned paper have been used to frame the sentiment. The gorgeous crochet embellishment has been glued to the top of the sentiment and a silver embellishments  from my stash have been glued to the left side - you know the ones we put aside thinking we will use them one day - I am sure we all have those - or is it just me!?! LOL!  Want2Scrap baby bling in black rhinestones have been randomly added.


                                                        This project is linked to the following challenges:
We Love 2 Create  - Always Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Shiny
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes 
Crafty Friends Challenge - Something New
Crazy 4 Challenges - Try or Use Something New
A Vintage Journey - WE'RE ALL GETTING OLDER  making things look older... time for some distressing, antiquing, ageing and weathering 
Brown Sugar  ANYTHING GOES
QKR Stampede ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES 
Craft Rocket Challenges - Something New
Moving along with the Times - All Things New
Art-Journal-Journey - Something New
Creatalicious Challenges Anything Goes with optional Wishes
Word Art Wednesdays - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Something New 
Crafty Creations - Always Anything Goes

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
                                                          {{{hugs}}} and happy creating

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful page Linda - a sweet place to loose yourself in during this skeery time - you are in my prayers.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday for the current challenge
    Blessings
    Maxine
    WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal page love all the texture and encouraging words hope you all stay safe -my brother and his family live here too.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic art. And I will keep my fingers crossed and hope the fire doesn't hit you. Those fires are terrible. I've been thinking about all the horrible damage that has been done. It is really sad. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice this page!!! gloriously!!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing page! Your inspiration is wonderful and I love the words that you added, so true 😁. The recycled packaging and layers look so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and also for joining in the fun at A Vintage Journey too! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page with so much interest! Thoughts are with you and all those suffering these catastrophic conditions.
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for Australia Your page is so beautiful, and I agree with you that we are all on a journey in our studios hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you and your family are safe. I love your pages. I am using only stash items in my planner this year. I have a lot of recycled chipboard from cereal boxes and that really comes in handy. You have included so much wonderful detail and texture on your pages which elevates the design. Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first, we didn't get much news here about the horrible fires in your country, but now the news media is sandwiching the latest outbreak in between the impeachment of our president and the mess he has caused us in Iran. Please stay safe.

    This is a real beauty. Those paper dolls brighten up the page because they are so different from the absolutely gorgeous background. This is simply amazing right down to the crocheted embellishment. Truly a great journal page. We are delighted you chose to share this with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing work, beautiful. I pray for rain over Australia.
    Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at The Brown Sugar Challenge

    Danka
    Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your entry. It is so personally meaningful which makes it extra special.

    diana
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful page, full of love and details. Thank you for play with us in a Gem of a craft challenge blog, Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely project into our ‘Something New’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing page. I love the color and all the embellies you have added. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Creative wishes!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Moving along with The Times – 1
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Moving Along with the Times. Your project is wonderful, and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! – Moving Along with the Time DT - Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super Cute, Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those two are some of my favourite Paper Dolls and I think you've found the perfect words to go with them. A lovely vintage style piece. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey this month.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional wishes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}