}

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sew - Hello!

Hello Blog friends, time goes so quickly between posts and this one is a little overdue...real life needs me to visit every now and then - know what I mean! LOL! I am sure you do!!




The  background has been created using DCWV® paper, embossed using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine and Dotted Flowers  Spellbinders® M-Bossabilities™ folder.  The fabulous Gold Majesty Circles Spellbinders® Imperial Gold die - you can see why it is so popular can't you!?  




The image is from a retired stamp set, designed by my dear friend Nina Brackett 
It has been stamped using IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento™ Dye Ink in Rich Cocoa and cut out using Labels Eight  Spellbinders® Nestabilities.  The sentiment is from SRM Stickers.  I have used Scrapbook by Adhesives by 3L- E-Z Runner and 3D Foam Squares.




Lots of embellishments from my desk always add to the feel of  a shabby/nostalgic card - love that little tape measure!  The pearls are from and Want2Scrap©




Lots of layers and details - all in the name of cleaning my desk - but to be quite honest, it has made no difference! LOL!




This card is for the following challenges: 
Brown Sugar – Anything Goes 
Challenges and candies - Embossing 
Creative Corner - A Little Texture 
Cut it Up - Anything Goes 
Fussy and Fancy - Shabby Chic 
Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes 
Sister Act Card Challenge Anything Goes 
   Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything Goes 
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes (don't forget a sentiment) 
WordArt Wednesdays -  Anything goes (must be uplifting, no dark images or themes)

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{Hugs}}}
Follow on Bloglovin


16 comments:

  1. Love the nostalgia in this Linda - it's a sweet card - and what a pity about the desk, now you will have to make another card to help clear it....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for our current challenge “Anything Goes” at Pattie’s Creations. What a nice image too! Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥
    Artist
    at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Love all the details. Thanks for sharing it with us at Pattie's Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. My desk is always in a desparate need of drastic acting, but my card stil end up more or less CAS.

    Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši.
    Hugs, Keti(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite pastimes Linda - clearing stuff from the desk stash! Kudos to you for doing that! Definitely some fun elements you've found to put in your design - I especially like the measuring tape under the Vintage sewing room scene.
    Thank you for sharing your fun project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#102 "Any Thing Goes"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty. The image reminds me of my mother! She sewed all our clothes.

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I spent 1 1/2 years in Australia when my family moved there in 2011(Brisbane). Thanks for giving the challenge a go and sharing with the CIU Challenge team. Cheers---in my best Aussie accent: )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! My family spent 1 1/2 years in Australia when we moved there in 2011(Brisbane). Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at CIU Challenge blog, Cheers-----in my best Aussie accent ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation at Fussy and Fancy and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est une très jolie carte !
    Merci pour ta participation au creative corner challenge
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! there are so many great little details on this card, your dies are great and I always love pearls.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the layers on this card. Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, this is fabulous! Such great elements and design. I have missed your work and I am so glad I saw this in the Pattie's Creations Challenge. Thanks for joining us! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card you made! I like your embossing :-))
    Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši". Good luck and please join us again!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}