}

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

MMSC36 Victorian Style

Hello everyone - I am excited that it is the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge today - I hope you have been enjoying these sketches as much as I have...this week is especially good for me as our sponsor is one of our own DT Jeni of  D'Amour Allure.  Jeni sent me this gorgeous stamp, Estella and I have to say she is a pleasure to work with!



I embossed the image with black embossing powder and coloured her with my 'trusty' chalks and blender pen.  After cutting her out I popped her up on foam dots and attached her to the distressed and sponged DP, which is backed with white CS.  The background panels are all distressed and sponged to add to the vintage feel of the card.  Black brads and the layered sponged flowers are added and the finishing touches are the gorgeous vintage corners which are part of a RAK sent to me by my Mum - Lesley (aka SuperNan) They were just thr right colour - so thanks Mum



So let's see the sketch and what YOU can do with it.  Some of you may have noticed that Priscilla is giving  you all a 'Sneak Peak' of the following weeks challenge on the Friday beforehand, to make it easier for all of you busy stampers - so c'mon let's get moving and show us your cards - I love to visit you and see your 'works of the heart' you inspire me so much!!  Thank you!.



Our Gold Star Winner is:
#86 Iris


Our Remarkables Awards go to:
#59 Jennifer

#81 Rosette

A BIG thank you to our Sponsors for this month:



and

Our Weekly Sponsor:




Thanks for taking the time to stop by today and for all of the support and encouragement you give me - YOU ARE THE BEST!!  I love seeing that you have been and am trying to get across to your Blogs more frequently and see your creations too!  Have a great day and don't for get to check out this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!!  God bless you!

Edit:  I am adding a link to my tutorial on Chalking,  I have had a number of comments and questions about it both here and on SCS -  you can find the tutorial by clicking here don't forget to let me know when you use it, I would love to come and see your work!!  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and I will do my best to help you!!  Thank you, you so have been so encouraging!  

17 comments:

  1. Oh isn't she so delightful - absolutely stunning image for a center piece, and you have done her proud :-)

    Love this card - and yes, I have done this weeks card, but will not upload it until tomorrow.
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Linda. What brand of chalks do you use as the colours are fantastc..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, WOW! You sure did her perfect, just what I envisioned her to be - stunning! Love the pink, green and black color choice. You have made this beauty into an art. Hugs ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job of the challenge Linda!!! Wonderful colouring of this lovely image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda this is gorgeous!!! Your papers so perfectly match the vintage image! You do vintage so well my friend!!! Great job with the MMS as always!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how beautiful Linda!! I just love your stunning Vintage women! Gorgeous coloring and design!! Love your colors and all the eye candy here. Stunning take on the sketch my friend.

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Linda, your Vintage beauty turned out so gorgeous! I love the colors you chose for this one, especially the green and pink. Awesome job with the details too. You really rocked this sketch. Fabby job my friend.
    Can't wait to see what you create next...it's always such a delight visiting here.
    Big hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey pretty lady..yes I am talking about you AND your card..LOL What a wonderful image and the way you destressed the edges are prefect. Can you believe I made it by your blog on the post day..LOL Keep up the awesome creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda!! Oh this is just gorgeous!! I love what you've done with the sketch this week!! That Vintage style image is stunning!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I have just been down through the first page of your blog. Good grief, you have been busy, and each one as beautiful as the next. You are sooo very talented. I love seeing all of your work, and you have really made this card stunning. You can pretty much do any style of card well. So glad to be on this team with you!

    Hugs,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have one fancy lady there, she is dressed to the nines. Always a pleasure to view your work of arts, fabulous!! TFS, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, your card is absolutely beautiful. Love your image, coloring and dp choices. Wow! Another stunner!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Love your color combination and your lovely image is colored to perfection. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, I must say I LOVE your style! This card is wonderful in the colors and embellishments. I really need to practice with my chalks. I think that to myself every time I see what you do with yours! I also had a look at your altered journal and it's gorgeous! I'm so glad your daughter thought it was kool too! :) Hugs! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, you are so good at coloring this image. Love this "stylish" vintage design. Cool yet still elegant!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  16. She turned out so pretty, Linda! Just a colorfully fantastic job on the sketch this week! Pure eye candy as always! :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness, Linda, this is gorgeous!!! I love this lady in the center.....yu always have the right feeling for paper...embellishments and all. Another MASTERPIECE, my friend!! Hugs ans blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}