}

Friday, March 12, 2010

LOC Sneak Peek 3 - Fleur de Leaves

Hello again, here we are with Day 3 of the Layers of Color Sneak Peek - how are you enjoying them so far?  Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my Blog, I am so pleased that you are coming and visiting a liking what you see!  Today we are looking at the Fleur de Leaves art stamp set, this set has so much potential and is a favourite of mine.  Again I have two cards to show you and they are quite different from one another, I like the challenge of making different styles and ones that appeal to you, I would love to see your work with Layers of Color.


The first card is more formal, I have stamped one of the images onto CS and cut around it - quite a fiddly process by I usually do this kind of thing while commenting - it can take so long for the comments to process that I get quite a bit cut out....and as it is done in smaller amounts, it is less intense - makes it easier for me!!


I have coloured it with SU Chalks and a Blender Pen, I haven't coloured in solid blocks but blended two colours together, I think this 'mottled' look works well with these Fleur de Leaves.  This has then been attached to Embossed CS, using the Herringbone folder - thanks to my Mum (Lesley aka SuperNan) for running them off for me!!  I love the look of this folder and will add it to my collection ONE DAY!

A torn piece pf DP has been inked and attached across the embossed CS and I have added three brads, attaching another image below, popped up on foam dots.  Vintage Corners have been added to opposite corners, thanks again MUM!!  A girl just can't do without their Mum!! LOL!


That is the first card and now onto the second, this time with a more aged feel....


I used a page from the old Hymnal that I have been given and both distressed and sponged sround the edges with Distressing Ink.  This has been attached to dark blue CS, also distressed.  I have then run a strip of torn embossed DP down each side

The image has been coloured, cut out and popped up onto a Labels 3 Nestibilitie, some of these were sent to me in a RAK from my friend Sabrina (aka okimom2girlz) Thanks Sabrina, I love this shape and it works so well here - Nestibilities make card making easier don't they!!  The embellishments are part of a RAK from another dear friend Pam (aka pam124) they are attached to small circles attached with foam dots!


So there you have it, two more cards and one more SNEAK PEEK to be had! 

Thanks for  visiting, you know I love to see you - your comments are so encouraging, thank you!! Make sure you pop over to Layers of Color and see what they have happening!  The New Releases will be in the store on 15 March and you are able to win ALL of the New Releases - yes all four sets - don't be shy - check it out!!. I will have another 'Sneak Peek' for you tomorrow and would love you see you then -  counting down now!!  Wahoo!!

In the meantime make sure you check out the other DT's Blogs and see their fabulous creations with the 'Fleur de Leaves' set.
* Heather of The Patchwork Heart
* Kristine of Ink Something
* Laura of Layers of Color
* Patter of Triple the Scraps
* Layers of Color SNR Group

...the Party is just beginning!! We can't wait to show you the fourth and final Spring release set being released by Layers of Color - you are going to LOVE IT and we are going to LOVE seeing you!!
{{{HUGS}}}

16 comments:

  1. You just have to theach me to color like this! It is so beautiful! The kind of worn, rusy effect you made on the first card is so awsome! I love it!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love that SU blender pen? It's my favorite for coloring! :) And wow, that cutting must take a long time. I have carpel tunnel so I can't do a lot of cutting. You sure are great at it. These creations are rich and gorgeous again! Love them both! Wow!!! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow talk about stunning, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love how you colored the gold fluer de leaves. You gave it such a rich, elegant look. I almost looks like it is glowing in your photos. I bet it is even prettier in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, WOW! Gorgeous coloring and distressing and look at all that cutting out! I know... I did quite a bit of cutting out for my bird last night. Love your bold blue on the 2nd card and all the texture on the first. LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Linda!! Your coloring of these images is just out of this world AMAZING!! They just seem to be popping off the page...such talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both styles are wonderful! I just love the way you keep using the hymnal pages! Hey, I like to cut when I comment too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's your talents that give Layers of Color it's name, Linda! You add the color so beautifully! I'm forever Wowed by your cards!!

    Thank you, your gifts bless me!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another pair of awesome creations - Your colouring is once again absolutely stunning my friend! I must get back to the studio, you inspire me!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so beautiful Linda! You take my breath away!

    Can I ask you a question? You say that you use a blender pen when coloring. What is a blender pen?

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! The blues and browns are fabulous!! Gorgeous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow...these are so amazing. Really love the herribone folder card that you have created. You have just inspired me to dig mine out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}