}

Monday, April 26, 2010

LOC You Had Me at Hello

I have discovered two FABULOUS Scrapbooking Challenges this week, I am on a scrapbooking run so this works for me.  This layout is for both of them!!  The first is the Scrap it With a Song  Challenge where each week there will be a new song posted and we are to lbe inspired by the lyrics.


 We can choose a particular lyric for the title, journaling or overall theme of the layout. You are also welcome to create something besides a layout!!  I am late for this week's challenge, but just had to play anyway - I can't wait until the new challenge this week - I love the concept!  This weeks song is 'Your Song' by Elton John - I love that song and chose the line...

'I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is, now your're in the world...'


My colours are inspired by the other fabulous Challenge The Color Room where each week we are given a different color palette - these colours are from last week, but I just loved them - I am yet to start this weeks!!   I have used the Layers of Color art stamp set 'Joyful Noise' - perfect for this page.

This photo was taken when we first met - how could I resist him - he's adorable!!  The title of this layout is so appropriate as we have said 'Hello' and have talked for nearly 22 years and still haven't run out of things to say!! 


The hinges are Tim Holtz Grungeboard and are perfect here - I have painted them with Acrylic paint and sponged the little circles with a dark ink to look like brads - that way they fit perfectly!!  It worked well, I thought!


This photo always makes me smile - it was taken at the local mall where the Church band was playing.  My DH had only been a Christian for 6 months and had lived a rather 'colourful life' (that is a whole 'nother post!!)  He used to hang with a well known and notoriuos group of bikies and while playing at the Mall a couple of them walked past, is his excitement DH called out to them (while drumming)  Here is a comentary  from his Blog:

'...Six months after coming to know the Lord Jesus as my saviour I joined the local outreach team and played drums for the music team. One Saturday morning we went out on an outreach into the heart of Blacktown and sang songs of praise to the Lord and witnessed to His Resurrection power, love and saving grace. I had a smile from ear to ear whilst playing those drums and was caught up in the pure joy I was experiencing as a new Christian.


Well ...who should pass us by in the mall, but three of the gang! They slowed their walk down to a steady pace and did a double take and stood with unbelief upon their faces as they saw "Puss" formerly me, playing in a Christian band with an unrecognisable smile on my face which they had seldom seen....I yelled to them "I've been born again, I now follow Jesus and it's the best ever....you can too"


They started to walk off quickly but then looked back several times with slight grins of recognition and amazement to my new found life.....my eyes followed them till they were out of sight. It was the last time I ever saw them, I wonder what the news was that travelled that grapevine and what was ever spoken of me, probably that the drugs overtook me or that I'd gone completely mad.  I know what happened.....the truth happened!...'

I am linking this to:
The Pink Elephant - Chipboard & Paint - I have Grundgeboard & Paint
My Time to Craft - Quick Quotes
Charisma cardz - Quotes

So there you have it!  One layout, I have a few more in the making, so you can expect to be seeing them soon.  Thanks for coming by and for the lovely comments you leave me.  It always makes me smile to know you have been!   If you get the chance - check out the new challenges - they are so inspiring!!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a very cool layout! I love all the elements and how you used the paint and grungeboard, very creative! Thanks for playing along with the scrap challenge at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your real life stories, Linda! How wonderful, and your husband writes as well as you do. I love your style, and I'm taking it all in...
    The way you wrote the lyrics on your page looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great LO! Love all the fab details! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Linda. :) I had no idea your hubby is a drummer... So is mine along with my middle son! :) Hugs! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Linda! How do you find time for all this? I just love this page and the wonderful words you shared along with it! The musical theme couldn't be better for Ron! What a great memory of a wonderful time when Jesus completely changed his life!!! Thanks for sharing it so beautifully! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this just stunning - love the piece of testimony from Ron too!! DS was a drummer, but has not followed through - pity :-(.

    Great lyrics - loved that song too way way ago

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, you rock scrapbook pages as well as you rock cards... lovely to behold in every way!!!! I'm loving all the Holtz touches. I'm so glad you played with us at Ella's Pink Scrapbook Challenge (aka The Pink Elephant).

    Hugs!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the page my friend...It is awesome..such a cool dude :) Thanks for sharing. You will never know how much inspiration you creat for me :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this layout Linda! Fabulous job! Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}