}

Monday, June 27, 2011

LOC Happy Days - Card 1

Thank you for stopping by today - I always love to see you and thought I would show you one of the cards I am going to be teaching at my Card Design Class at the LSS next week.


I try and bring different styles of card each time, creating one Fancy Fold and then one quick and easy - that way of we get excited and carried away with the first one, the next one is easy to finish at home - so far we have done pretty well with time!

I have used Layers of Color art stamp sets - my LSS, Scrap n Stuff is the first store in Australia to be carrying Layers of Color and it is literally flying off the shelves - the classes are full and creativity flowing!

I have used the Flutterescent and Butterfly Collector art stamp sets, stamping them, cutting out and popping them up.

The word 'Happy' and 'day' comes from the Happy Wishes art stamp set, it has been stamped and cut out with the Spellbinders Grand Calibur and the Labels 4 Nestibilitie.  This has been cut in half and had 'day' added separately.

This sentiment is also from the Flutterescent art stamp set and the butterfly from the Butterfly Collector.

The second card is the easy card and I will show you that tomorrow - I don't want to bore you with an UBER long post!  LOL! 

This card is for the following challenges:
Crafty Emma - Anything But Square
Our Creative Corner - Your Style
Secret Crafter - Embossing
Sugar Creek Hollow - Tic Tac Toe - Embossing, DieCut, Flowers
Bloggers Challenge - Things with Wings
Sew Many Cards - Dry Embossing
The Outlawz POM - Things with Wings

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner.

You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP and have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!
Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our "Embossing" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is just stunning. I love your butterflies and the colors. Thanks for joining us at SCH.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning side step card Linda! Love your mix of papers and colors! Thanks for playing at the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh fabulous piece. I bet your upcoming class with love doing that. Thank you very much for sharing with us at Simply Create.
    Ike xx
    SC DT

    p.s. LOVE your garden - so lush and green but don't the ducks get into your water feature ??? !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous creation and great embossing, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. I have candy if you are interested
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow linda what a gorgeous card, love those butterflies they are gorgeous too.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Linda. Wish I live closer so I could come to your classes..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh stunning card its so stylish,

    Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 140 Embossing, I hope you join us again next week,

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, well, well...if it isn't Lovely Linda popping up at one of my other challenge blogs. This is a gorgeous card! I just love butterflies and yours are some of the coolest creations I've ever seen. I love how you did the centers on them. Love your lace and the layout too. I've never tried this exact type of card. You did a great job with it! Thanks for playing our vintage Tic Tac Toe challenge! I'll see you soon!
    ~Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again, simply wonderful :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. just gorgeous, love the butterflies!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Stunning card. Those butterflies are beautiful and that's such a great fold.
    Thanks for joining our 'anything but square' challenge at CES this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, so great to see your entry for this week's SCH Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! This is one dyno-mite vintage card and a fabulous design. Wish I could be at your class! Thanks so much for joining us this week, hope you will come back and play again soon!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow - just a stunning card! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, I love fancy fold cards and with your beautiful design and embellies it is simply gorgeous. The butterflies in a row is such a pretty design and the variety is just lovely. I am like Marsha, what a fun class it sounds like!! I am so glad you are playing at SCH this week and hope to see you again soon.
    Patti DT/SCH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this time.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is gorgeous. Love the butterflies and that lace. Thanks for joining the BC Things With Wings challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is just beautiful Linda! Stunning work, love the butterflies and gorgeous muted colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Vintage challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday Challenge this week
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. So good to see you play with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Linda! Your card is gorgeous with those beautiful butterflies. They look real - what a fabulous technique. The step card design is a perfect way to show them off too. Thanks so much for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge. I hope you'll return to our challenges again soon.
    Sharon, SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your side step card, and all your little touches. thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}