}

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Paper Bag Album - Destination Phoenix USA

Hello friends,  thanks so much for stopping by.  A little warning that this is a lengthy Post - I am sharing a whole album here, rather than over two posts! I don't know about you but I always seem to be working on so many things at once and it is always such a great feeling when you manage to complete one - especially when it is something I have wanted to do for a few years.  A Paper Bag Album of my trips to Phoenix for Spellbinders as one of their Designers/International Ambassadors.  I have been very blessed and feel it is important to have these memories recorded - it has been so much a part of what I do and who I am creatively - and I am so grateful - I hope you enjoy reminiscing with me.


I used soft colours for the Album - I believe they were Melissa Frances along with bits and pieces from my stash,these have been attached using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Adhesive Runner Ultra, to make use they don't lift.  I have also used the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Victorian Medallion One Etched Dies as the centre piece and added some metal embellishments around it - I love the look that has been achieved. 


The flower is from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Laced Flowers Etched Dies Special Moments Collection by Marisa Job and has been sponged using Imagine Memento Ink in Teal Zeal and glued to the centre of the die cut. The sentiment has been trimmed from one of the photos and layered into slightly larger teal card stock and then glued to either side of the flower.

As you can see from the photos above , layers and embellishments, along with tags in the top pockets certainly add to the 'bulk' of the Paper Bag Album - and I love that - so many beautiful things hidden within!


I have die cut photos and lightly sanded the edges - a favourite technique with the Spellbinders Dies. I have tried to keep the photos in chronological order.  I have also added pockets on three of the pages and placed more photos, tickets etc from my trip that I hope to add to tags, but if I don't, they are still part of the album and add to the general look (and bulk).


I have used chipboard embellishments from varying companies, including Quick Quotes Scrapbooking Company, Cosmo Cricket and Kaisercraft...some of thee have been in my stash for longer than I like to say wink:wink!  I have also added flowers from Little Birdie Crafts, some cut from patterned lace and hand made embellishments.  The lace is from a bag of vintage lace I purchased - the bag ended up being three bags with some gorgeous vintage lace among it - one happy designer here!!

The above photos were taken in Los Angeles - we had a 14 hours layover and one of the local designers, Teresa Horner took us on a guided tour around the amazing sites of LA - including homes of the rich and famous - yes we got to see the back of their houses and their rubbish bins LOL!  We did many of the tourist sites, including the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Pizza on Venice Beach.  We even got to walk the red carpet and were offered to be 'sneaked in' to watch the Premier of the 'Hungerford Games 3' as exciting as that would have been - we had to get back to the airport to catch our flight to Phoenix.


Again I have used Spellbinders Dies to cut the photos and added embellishments from Little Birdie Crafts - how perfect are those Cacti.  The above photos are taken with Designers Judy Hayes, Christine Emberson (my roomie), Karen East Haas and Christy Farneth-kerr.  Karen was the receptionist and Customer Service at Spellbinders and it was a pleasure to meet her - as we all know it is not always the obvious people who keep the company running - and I will say no more on that! LOL!  Christy and her family had re-located to Phoenix to support Stacey and her business - I just might happened to mention - I got lost in the desert with Christy - one main road across the whole thing and we made a wring turn - we may or may not have been talking and not concentrating!  Ursula from Germany was in the back and asked 'do you think we will be back in time for breakfast tomorrow' LOL!  It was hilarious!


The next photos are embellished using vintage lace, Little Birdie Crafts Flowers, Kaisercraft Collectibles and sticker sentiments. I have also used stamps and patterned paper.  The first photo is of Cindy Farneth Alexander - who quickly and affectionately became known as 'Mrs Fix-It' to me.  After chasing lost luggage for three days- all it took was one phone call from Cindy to have it turn up right to my hotel room at 4m in the morning....and then there is Yana Smakula- it was wonderful to meet Yana and get to spend some time with her - I love this photo - captures this talented and somewhat sassy Ukrainian Designer perfectly.  Another pocket holds my Star Bucks memorabilia - John Creighton Peterson would have a Star Bucks coffee waiting for me in the dining room in the morning - love that man!!


Then there was the trip to Sedona - a beautiful surprise from Stacey for her 'girls' and it was amazing - from the minute we left the hotel til we got back - we were treated to beauty of every sort.  Sedona itself is amazing - we all loved the fountain area and the Mexican tiles - everyone got photos - these ones are of Tina McDonald and myself - what a gorgeous lady she is - and so funny.  We were treated to lunch at the very bottom of Sedona - the view was amazing - how could it be anything but!!  I am proud to say I had 'grits and scampi' for lunch - had to have something I don't get at home - loved the grits...it is hard to pick the best moment of the day between the people, the food, the place....a tough job but someone has to do it! LOL!

The final pages have a number of hidden pockets - the first being under the photo, which I popped up on three sides using Foam Tape, leaving the left as the pocket opening - the perfect place to hold more photos - as you can see in the top right hand photo.  The last pocket holds more photos - one of my favourite moments - when Stacey taught a Workshop with the Designers - it was the most inspiring moment for me - so much inspiration and passion - it is life changing.

I am so grateful for the opportunities I have been given and and even happier that I have finally managed to get them documented.  I am sure I will add more bits and pieces to this album but the majority of it is completed - I hope you enjoyed the process.  Now to start on the Australian Mixed Media Roadshow Album.....


This project has been linked to the following challenges:
House That Stamps Built - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiment Designs  -  Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon - Use Craft Leftovers
Die Cuttin' Divas - must include a Die-cut - Tags
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread  - Always Anything Goes 
Sisterhood of Crafters 2nd/4th Wed, 3E - Use Stitched Dies  (on photos)
Unicorn Challenge - Use a Sentiment
The Crafty Addicts Anything Goes/Optional Girly
Artistic Inspirations - ANYTHING GOES
Word Art Wednesdays Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges ANYTHING BUT A CARD
Always Fun Challenges - ANYTHING GOES
The Corrosive Challenges - Always Anything Goes
Allsorts - Inspired by a Song (Leaving on a Jet Plane)
A Vintage Journey PAPER STASH

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
    {{{hugs}}} and happy crafting

14 comments:

  1. Love this masterpiece album Linda, what precious memories it holds for you! - and it looks as though I have been following you around blog land linking up to the same challenges as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous memory book Linda! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stitched Dies’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining our “Tags” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation.
    The actor under Chewbacca costume, comes from Finland like me, I'm not so hairy! lol

    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts,
    welcome again with our new theme;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such a wonderful way to keep your memories close. Love it!! Thank you for playing in my Stitched Dies challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! great album! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous album!! So many great memories and the perfect way to show them off! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful album and a whole lot of work!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, wonderful keepsake! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW absolutely gorgeous keepsake-great photos and love all the elements and embellishments.Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Linda - love your stroll down Memory Lane! Great work here with lots of photos and details.
    Thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for adding me in for the fun... that was the best day eva!! I had so much fun with you and Beck :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun memories! What a great album! We had such a great time at that retreat!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}