}

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Stenciled Art Journal Page

Hello friends, thanks so much for stopping by.  Today I am sharing a Stenciled Art Journal Page - it is the first time I have done anything like this - I got the beautiful stencil over 2 years ago when I am on the Australian Mixed Media Road Show - it is designed by Lorri Lennox - her work is very inspiring   I was always going to create with it....and finally I have ....


I started by using a black marker and drew the face outline, hair, featured etc.  Colouring it as interesting - I am building up to using all paint and started by colouring her face using Chameleon Art Pens, followed by the eyes, mouth and lips.  The hair was harder than I imagined but I got there eventually - I will master it on future ones - hopefully! 


One of the Little Birdie Crafts Wendy Moon Light Flowers was glued to her fringe - it was my starting place for the rest of the background.  I sponged all white card stock using Imagine Radiant Neon Inks in Electric Yellow, Coral Pink and Blue, blending as I went using a Sponge Dauber. 

Butterflies from the Spellbinders Sparrow Stamp and Die Set from the Earth Air Water Collection by Stephanie Low have been randomly stamped over the background using Imagine Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black and colour added with the Chameleon Pens One butterfly has been stamped onto white card stock, coloured and cut using the co-ordinating die, this has been popped up next to the flower.  Liquid Glitter has been added and extra details using a White Paint Pen.


The sentiment stickers are from Cosmo Cricket and the Ricrac from my stash.  The larger stencil is from my stash and has been singed using Imagine Memento Ink in Teal Zeal using a Sponge Dauber and edged using a White Paint Pen.  Lastly Washi Tape has also been added.


This project is linked to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
Lemon Shortbread - Always Anything Goes
Stinkin' Inkers - Just Because
Crafting from the Heart - ANYTHING GOES
Get Creative Challenges ANYTHING BUT A CARD
Make My Monday - STENCIL STORIES
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes 
Art-Journal-Journey - Vintage or Modern
Crafteezee - Anything But a Card
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{hugs}}} and happy creating

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness! I loved hearing about your process and all the details here. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card in gorgeous warm tones with great finishing touches, thank you for joining in at MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-nice to meet you Linda. This is a gorgeous journal page. Nice stenciling. And nice instructions too. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - a beautiful detailed page! Gorgeous! Great to see you at Art Journal Journey Challenge! Your participation is much appreciated!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page, love all the little details to admire in the background. Brilliant use of stencils. Thank you for joining us at MMM. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing art journal page! Your lady is such a beauty, her eyes are mesmerising and I love the way you added the flowers and butterflies 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda this is just amazing. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog October challenge Anything Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal page. So vibrant, love all the elements that you have added. Thank you for your entry at Creativ Fusion Arts & Crafts. good luck with your entry
    Angela DT https://creativfusion.blogspot.com/2018/11/challenge-6-fireworks.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Linda! Beautiful colors and embellishments. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, vibrant artwork that is simply stunning ~ this is wonderful Linda! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Your page is stunning, a wonderful creation. Thank you for joining us at MMM. We hope to see you again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic art journal spread! I love the colours and your lady is lovely. Thank you for joining us this month at Altered Eclectics, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beauty Linda - love your vibrant colours and the fun accents in the background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never used a stencil for a portrait but this has made me think I might. What a lovely idea and what beautiful colouring.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}