}

Thursday, March 11, 2010

LOC Sneak Peek 2 - Joyful Noise

Hello everyone - nice to see you today - are you ready for another SNEAK PEEK from Layers of Color!!  Today we are showing you this fabulous art stamp set called "Joyful Noise'.
I have two projects for you today and here is the first...


I have gone for softer colours here and love the way it has turned out. I sponged the edges of the DP and then added a paper doily - these are great for cardmaking and I love the almost Retro Shabby look that it gives.  I have used the musical flourish and cut it out, popping it up on foam dots.


The gorgeous large flower from my dear friend Sabrina (aka okimom2girlz) has been sponged and attached next to the Flourish, I have used one of the music notes from the Joyful Noise set and made it the centre of the flower, adding a semi circle of pearls.  The adorable little birds from the Backyard Birds art stamp set have been added to the top of the flower - the second bird has been popped up on foam dots for dimension and finishing with the corners stamped with a flourish from the Touch of Elegance art stamp set and some YUMBLY Kaiser half pearls in Chocolate.


That is my first card, how are you liking the 'Joyful Noise' art stamp set so far!?!

I am linking this card to the:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ  - Joy or Joyfulness
 Crafty Calendar Challenge - Flower Power
Stampin'B - Spring or Easter
*******************************************

My next card is in soft colours again and I am going to tell you HONESTLY how easy it is to make, it would have taken me 10 minutes at the most!!  I am going to share the REAL PROCESS with you....not the professional version - are you ready....


Okay I go to my desk and think 'Oh my giddy aunt what a mess,' pick up a piece of DP that is just lying there , it looks pretty so I reach across for the Distressing Ink and the Joyful Noise flourish, thinking how it would make a great frame - so stamp it and doesn't it make a great frame.  Look at the butterfly and realising  my scalloped circle Nestie from Kathy (aka Watlle) is too small for this, stamp the butterfly, carefully inking half of it onto the circle and then the same half onto some white cs and cut the top wing out.


I take my well used Blender Pen and add a few wipes, liking the colour add a few more wipes and yes, the wing is coloured, attached to the body with double sided tape and the tip of the wing popped up on a foam dot.  It is looking good and then realise that the DP is a bit short for the card ., but nothing that two inked scalloped borders can't fix and....wha-la - one pretty card!!  Not too shabby - what do you think!  I love the look of it and how quick it was AND how I have got a few more scraps off my desk!!!  It really was that easy and I enjoyed the 'not over thinking it' process - if only they were all this easy!

Thanks for coming by, you know I love seeing that you have visited - your comments  are so encouraging, thank you!!  Make sure you pop over to Layers of Color and see what they have happening.  The New Releases will be in the store on 15 March and you are able to win ALL of the New Releases - yes all four sets - don't be shy - check it out!!. I will have another 'Sneak Peek' for you tomorrow and would love you see you then!!

In the meantime make sure you check out the other DT's Blogs and see their fabulous creations with the 'Joyful Noise' set

* Heather of The Patchwork Heart
* Kristine of Ink Something
* Laura of Layers of Color
* Patter of Triple the Scraps

And don't forget to join us over on the Layers of Color  SNR Group...the Party is just beginning!!  We can't wait to show you the third set being released by Layers of Color - you are going to LOVE IT and we are going to LOVE seeing you!!

{{{HUGS}}}

21 comments:

  1. WOWZER absolutely stunning! Love love love your stamping
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... those musical flourishes are breathtaking. You made me kind of speachless now. I think I will just sit here for a while, loving your cards.

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so blown away by the detail and beauty of your card. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.


    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely, Linda. I love how you did the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just stunning creations! Love what you did with the sets, and I love how you inked the flowers. Just gorgeous, gorgeous work as always!!!!! Have a blessed party day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMgoodness Linda I am loving what I'm seeing! Both your cards are totally amazing! I LOVE the big musical flourish!!! Totally jaw dropping gorgeous Linda! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZER!! Both of these creations are just breath-taking my dear!!! WOWZER!! I just LOVE your talents!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love it when those table scraps turn into something beautiful! What lovely creations, thank you for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the use of the paper doillie very clever Linda! Keep up the creativity, you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the vintage feeling of both cards and your inking is wonderful..pretty butterfly too :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with your doily card and the flower. I especially like the new music flourish stamp. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG. Absolutely stunning Linda. I love the new stamp set..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Linda... you've been so busy! LOVE both of these so much. Your cards have a way of just putting themselves together don't they?! Or at least you make it sound that easy, but that's just because you are such a pro' at this!! *Ü* How perfect to combine the birds with the music notes...LOOOOVE that! (why didn't I think of that--the birds are my faves), LOL. Great job. You crack me up with your sayings, "Oh my giddy aunt"! I'd never heard that before you! Have a super day Linda! {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, Both cards are sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us at SSCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are gorgeous, Linda! You make the little elements, SING. Love your "real" process, verses the "professional", you crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow wow hun both are totally amazing such great detail and the elements in all of them hun just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda FABULOUS card! Thanks for playing in the Stampin B's challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, your cards are lyrical music for my eyes! A beautiful song of color and joy!

    Marvelous expressions My Talented Friend!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are two more beautiful cards - you just have such a wonderful eye for detail too that adds such finesse to your work!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are crackin' me up! (with "Oh my giddy aunt"). Than has to be an Australian phrase. I love it. Well I wish designing a card was that easy for me. This is again just gorgeous! And the set is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super gorgeous! That flourish is incredible! I love this card!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}