}

Thursday, July 28, 2011

LOC Honeysweet

My day started with a minus 6C temperature so I decided that there is no other way to go than bright and sunny - using the Layers of Color New Release Honeysweet art stamp set!


Who doesn't love Bumble Bees - they are the cutest little things - you know aerodynamically they should not be able to fly - they also have to be home before dark otherwise they cannot generate enough body heat to fly - and how do I know this.....in New Zealand we have Bumble Bees and my Mum was always telling us facts about them as we grew up - she loves them and we all grew up loving them.

This set has so many adorable images - this one coordinates with the Spellbinders Labels 18 - doesn't that make it easy!  I have used the Grand Calibur to cut it out - I love the crisp lines that the Grand Calibur always gives.


I have stamped the bee separately and popped up its wings, adding a little Kindy Glitz for some shimmer.

My satin bow has been tied with the Bow-Easy and the divine bling is from my friend Gunn in a gorgeous RAK - I have been saving this for the right card - and this is it!!

You can see the gorgeous DP from DCWV's La Creme Stack.
This card is for the following challenges:
Clear It Out!Use Old Supplies - Anything Goes - old DP
  Creative Card Crew - Animal antics
Partytime Tuesdays - Anything goes
Use It Tuesdays - Use Two Hoarded Items - Ribbon and DP
 Make it Monday - Anything goes
Lollipop Crafts - July challenge - Anything goes
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Little Claire's - Things With Wings
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - 1E - #20 patterned paper
Crafts and Me - ribbon
Paper Shelter Challenge - anything goes

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner
You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!
Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Linda! I adore your work and your heart, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the litte details as the stitching and the tearing. Perfect papers/colors for the image as well.

    Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I did not know about the home before dark, glad I have another bit of trivia on the mighty bumble bee. It is a H U G E symbol in Mary Kay Cosmetics, because she shouldn't be able to fly, but she does it anyway. If you haven't read Mary Kay Ash's story, I think you would really enjoy it. Your kind of 'read', I think. Hug~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Linda, your card is gorgeous! I love the sweet image and the bow. Fabulous job as always.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an amazing card, and wow love that button.
    Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles NL.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous! I love the sweet image, the lovely bow and teh color combo.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card,Thanks for joining in with us at TPS this week, good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that bee! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so beautiful, my friend. Love all the details and that fabulous 'bling'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Bumblee Bees, too, they are so nice to watch in the garden with the flowers bending their heads after touchdown...
    Your card is marvellous, I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Linda...wow! 6 below..here in Napier it is so mild, lovely and sunny...
    Dont know whether I could love a bumblee bee, but certainly love to look at them...especially this one,,very pretty.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhooi,,
    This card is very beautiful, nice and sweet,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card love your image and papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I learned so much from your post! Thanks for sharing all those bee facts!

    We loved your submission and thanks so much for playing with Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card - lovely colours Thanks for playing along this week @ the Paper Shelter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Linda this is so beautiful and just simply lovely. I love how bright the colors are together.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Crafts and Me Challenges.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH! This is gorgeous!! Thank you for joining in on the fun at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}