}

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MMSC113 Artful Bouquet

It is time for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - they come around quickly don't they!? If you are anything like me you are looking forward to the inspiration from Priscilla's sketches and the inspiration from the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Design Team.


This week I am using an image from Layers of Color - the Artful Endearments art stamp set .  I have stamped the image twice, cutting out the flower on the second image and popping it up with 3D foam tape.  It has then been coloured with SU Chalks, cut out with a SU Scalloped Square Punch and had 3D Kindy Glitz added to the centre of the flower



along with one of the gorgeous crochet flowers from our very generous monthly sponsor Petaloo.

I have coloured the flower with Walnut Stain Distressing Ink, sponging around the edges and the very centre with a dauber.  The red tones have been added with SU Chalks - the colour went on easily and added so much warmth to the flower.  My final touch was 3D Kindy Glitz and it lifted the whole card - it is not so easy to see the glimmer here - but it is there - believe me!
You can see it better in the photo above.
The DP is from DCWV La Creme Stack, the added lace is from my stash and the gorgeous pearls are part of a RAK I received some time ago from my dear friend and DT Sistah - Gunn.  I have been saving them for special projects....they are divine!
Just wanted to let you know that over at CDAC they have some really cool Swaps going on over there. Just posted: A Mini Album with Digi Stamps Swap. Always have a ton of fun going on.

This card is for the following challenges:
DDH Challenges - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Gingerloft - Make it Sparkle
Lollipop Crafts - Anything goes
Scrappy Frogs - Summer flowers
Sparkles Forum - Elegance and Lace
 
This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.

"YOUR CHOICE"


 Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
Our MMSC112 Gold Star Award goes to...
#7 Oda-Elise
 Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
#1 Loz
#9 Lisa Buttafuco
#20 Artesania
Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)

Our MMSC113 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is..
Photobucket

 This week's sponsor is Simon Says Stamp. One random winner will win a $20 Gift voucher to their fabulous store. Be sure to stop by and check out all their wonderful crafting products.
Thank you so much for your wonderful prizes this week.

Our July Monthly sponsor is....
Petaloo 
Click HERE to see the monthly prize details!
I can hardly wait to pop across and see the inspiration the Design Team have for you - these girls are UBER talented - make sure you check out their projects this week too!
CHARLOTTE  * DENISE * GUNN * LINDA (that's me) * PHYLLIS *
It is always a pleasure when you visit - you know I love it that you come and appreciate your encouragement and support - we would love to see you play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - you know I will be there to see you!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

20 comments:

  1. Just beautiful - as ever - love all your sparkle, and the crochet flower is amazing the way you have coloured it.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crocheted flower, so pretty.A fabulous card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous hun! Love the flowers, the colours, the whole thing - so pretty. Simply wonderful. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm popping across from the MIM blog and I have to say I love this so much. that sparkle is just wonderful and the flower is amazing. Hugs. Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH ... this is DIVINE my friend! LOVE that designer paper and what you've done with the crochet flowers! I've been wondering what to do with these flowers ... thanks for inspiration ... they look FABULOUS!!!
    You always inspire me (as all the girls on this team do) and today I'm just in AWE of your creativity! Well done ... thanks for putting a smile on my face! HUGS to you ... hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the inked flower, great idea. The layout with the 2 squares and 1 circle looks very cool, just a tad different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid I sound like a broken record "Gorgeous!" "Lovely!" "Now I have to have....." LOL
    Seriously, I love to come to your blog. I only wish I was able to accomplish half as much as you do! Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!!!!!

    Stunning, love the colours...

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your creativity never ceases! Marvelous and unique card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant card. I love the crocheted flower.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card as always Linda..Have to get on to mine..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wanted to leave a comment on your entry into the Midnight Madness #113 Challenge but your comment Box wasn't available to use and I didn't want to not leave you a comment.
    I think your card is absolutely lovely. I really like the way that you have colored in your image.

    Hope you don't mind me leaving you a message this way.

    From
    Tracy B (Aust)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, thanks for playing along at Digi Design HOuse. So talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous sketch and your flowers and colors are gorgeous, thanks so much for joining our "flowers" challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week
    Debs R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!!! OMgosh I love the colors, the distressing,Your layout and those beautiful flowers!!
    I saw your card at Make it Monday and just had to take a peek!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely flowers ... just beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous Card card, the colouring is excellent :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Flowers challenge over at OSAAT

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Flowers” Challenge.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Linda!
    I am sorry for beeing late with commenting this week. I actually have not made to any of the DT blogs.... But I had to come see you.
    You know that you always inspire me, and that I love your work! This card is beautiful. I love your colors and the red pearls!
    I am off to write tomorrows MMSC post now - way to late, and I don't want to write it.... you know why!
    Love you!
    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is stunning!!

    Thanks for joining us at SFC this fortnight,

    Hugs, Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}