}

Saturday, January 21, 2012

DRD Chookless Hoolie

I am loving having some time to create come long overdue layouts and am even happier to use this DP I created at a Scrapbooking night held my friend Ann many many months ago.


The photo is of my older brother, Laurie, who just made an EPIC ride across Australia to be with us for Christmas, on his motorbike and then had to make the trip all the way back - something like 3912 kms each way!!!  How could I resist using the Darkroom Door Motorcycle Photo Image stamp - it is the first time I have used it.  I coloured it using Distressing Ink and Daubers - a great technique for colouring any image.


The Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets Die by Donna Salazar have been cut out with the Spellbinders Grand Calibur and  just had to be used on this layout, along with the Tim Holtz Embossing Folder - all symbolic!


This is a special layout for me - it was so wonderful having Laurie here for  nearly two weeks - we had not seen him for 11 years, infact the last time was at my Father's funeral - it was also the first time in thirty years I have had a family member here for Christmas - so well worth scrapbooking!!

It is a pleasure to be linking this to the Scrapbooking Haven Anything Goes Cyber Crop that is happening now over at the Scrapbooking Haven site - it is my first time playing along with one of these - I am hoping to be inspired to create more.....you can check it out here, you might even want to join in!

This layout is also for the following challenges:
Bloggers - Elements of Time
Crop Stop - Distressed, Vintage or Shabby Chic
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting with me - you know I love to see you!  It is Saturday night here and we are enjoying a very quiet night - my daughters have gone to stay with our friends at the beach for three nights, so it is just my husband, son and me.  We made the most of smaller numbers and went out for dinner tonight, a rare treat!!  The boys are settled in watching a rerun of 'Back to the Future - Part Two' and I making the most of the opportunity and crafting - hopefully!   I hope you have a great weekend and get some creative time for yourself - there is nothing like it!!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

2 comments:

  1. Great page....finally got to finish that one from Ann's....lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, love this page, so much meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}