}

Monday, September 2, 2019

Creating for Charity

Hello friends, welcome and thanks so much for stopping by.  I have been doing lots of sorting and also prioritising - in amongst all of this I was very challenged by a story I saw and decided I needed to make some cards to donate to a Charity on a regular basis - straight away I know it had to be my local Ronald McDonald House and I am thrilled they are excited about having them regularly.


Needless to say I have a 'Mountain' of bits and pieces on my desk (LOL - my life story) and created 20 cards instantly from them - using card bases made up with papers I had cut - ready for an occasion just like this.  I have used a combination of my favourite products and a lot of those things that I didn't want to throw away but just keep gather - like die cuts I may have done 20 of and only used 10. embossed card fronts left over from kits, home made embellishments that are gathering - I love to fiddle with them every now and then for a change of pace - and I hate to waste pretty things! 


It is such a great feeling to make these and donate them - and even better as it is not a one of  -'Chicken Soup for the Soul'!  I have to say that it has not even made a dent in my bits and pieces -but give it time!!   I have more made but am yet to photograph - but will get onto as soon as possible!!

These cards linked to the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Exploding Boxes/Pop Up Boxes
Dragonfly Dreams - Happy Birthday
International Art & Soul - Lots of Layers
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends -  Always Anything Goes
My Besties Spanish Challenge - Always Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenges Always Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes 
Crafter's Castle - Anything Goes + option: Any Occasion
Crafty Friends Challenge - Add Embellishments
Brown Sugar - ANYTHING GOES
Creative Fingers -  ALWAYS  ANYTHING GOES 
QKR Stampede ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES 

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

                                                          {{{hugs}}} and happy crafting
 

14 comments:

  1. Linda, not only are the cards amazing but also amazing is your decision to bring joy and delight to the RMCH. I am really inspired by what you have done here. I don't know if I will create 230 cards but I will commit myself to creating at least 10 cards each month. I usually give money to RMCH but donating the cards as well would be a more direct outreach to the patients and their families. Congrats on getting it all done and thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    A Place to Start Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, It's amazing that you donated all of those beautiful cards to the Ronald McDonald House! I know that family members love having access to them to give to their loved ones! Amazing!! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda I admire your creativity with your 'scraps' , and your choice to make for RMDH - these look amazing, and I am sure you will be blessed as much as the recipients
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW brilliant collection of cards and for such a good cause.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collection of cards and for such a good cause..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Your project is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over here at My Besties - Spanish Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Ine DT at : https://mybestiesspanishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely set of cards… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such amazing work -- just from your scraps. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hats off to you. Truly inspired by your decision of donating cards. All of them are pretty. Thank you for participating in Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges
     Sharmitha @ Crafter's Icon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hermosa la tarjeta! Gracias por unirte a My Bestie Spanish Challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola! Preciosas TODAS las tarjetas. Felicidades por tu iniciativa de donarlas :) .
    Gracias por acompañarnos en nuestros retos en
    My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog.
    Que tengas una semana muy bendecida.
    Lidia R. Dt Coordinator
    Dt at https://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing to do....creating for chariety. Ronald McDonald House is blessed to have your beautiful creations as I'm sure it's a blessing for you too. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Love all your projects! They are fresh and youthful. thank for participating in My Besties Spanish Chalenge Blog!
    Elisa, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, every one of the cards is beautiful, I think it's great that you made them for a no-purpose purpose and that it goes to a good cause!
    Thank you for participating with us in the October challenge , Good luck ¡
    Haideé
    Haideelum
    Coordinator Corrosive Challenge Blog
    haideelum.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}