}

Friday, October 30, 2009

Share the Love

It is Friday here and time to get together with my sistah's - my Twisted Sisters on SCS, that is.  this week the challenge is to make a card in pink as it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month....I have made this card in pinks but not your traditional pinks and have added black as it is also for another very special Cause...



 - a little girl called Jaimie who at 11 years old was critically injured in a home invasion that left her mother dead and Jaimie fighting for her life.  As I ready Jaimie's story I was deeply touched and could not help but look at my 11 year old daughter and have my heart go out to Jaimie - she is not a 'girlie girl' we have been told, but loves black and HOT pink!

Some of you may be aware that on Monday 4 November there is a very special Blog Hop happening called 'Spread the Love', this Blog Hop is being organised through Stamp Something  and you can read about it here.  Erin and Denise from Stamp Something are encouraging everyone who is able to make a card for Jaimie, to pour out love and support for this brave little girl!  The details for the Blog Hop are here  and also where to send your card, otherwise you can contact me and I will point you in the right direction!

I used the Layers of Color elephant from the Polka Dot Parade, Layers of Color is one of companies sponsoring this Blog Hop and has donated Stamps as a prize - hopefully you have been seeing some of the cards the Guest Design Team have been making and posting on their Blogs - if not then pop over to Layers of Color and see where they all are - they are stunning - prepare to 'fall in love' with their gorgeous images and find out about the New Releases coming soon!!

Thank you for coming by today, it has been lovely to take time out from the projects I have been making for up and coming events (hint: New Release Party, Blog Hops) and make a card for something so meaningful - I am going to make another card for the day of the Blog Hop - couldn't resist sending her a few!

I hope you day has is a good one and you are with the people you love - let them know what they mean to you - it is so important!  God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. Love that pink elephant - that is such a 'cool' card for Jamie! Bless your generous heart, Linda.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda I read your story about Jamie and my heart swelled with love for her what a terrible thing to have happened I cannot get my head around the awful acts that some people commit these days. I do however, love your card and I am getting used to seeing the LOC stamps being displayed in such a beautiful fashion on the DT cards, I hope to be able to join in when I receive my set.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card Linda...so sorry for Jamie...what a horrible tragedy.

    You ladies are awesome to take this on...such huge hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a story! My heart goes out to that little girl. This is an adorable card you've made....love the pink elephant! Thanks for visiting my blog & entering to win my candy! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a georgeous card Linda. Beautiful colours..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}