}

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge

I am pushing it pretty close to the deadline to get this card posted before the deadline has passed...it is my card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, where the theme this week is based on Luke 2:11: "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." (NIV)  and we are to make a card or project featuring the nativity or other religious theme about Christ's birth.


That in itself was a challenge for me as I don't have any stamps that would suit, but I went right back into the deepest corners of 'Craft Central' and found this image that one of my Twisted Sisters, Darla Ryan, had sent me in a RAK, the scripture is from another Twisted Sister, Lesley (aka Marleygo) You gotta love the Sistah's!!

This is another quick and easy card, I used embossed CS, done with Textures Embossing Folder, all edges are sponged around the edges, I might add at this point!  I chalked over the images and added Kindy Glitz for the star, to make it sparkle!

I thought about the fact that we are doing a religious card and wanted mine not to be religious because being religious about something these days just means doing something regularly, like cleaning your teeth for example - I wanted this CHRISTmas card to reflect what Christmas is really all about for me - hence the Scripture!  I know this verse is used more often at Easter, but what better time than Christmas, when God's Rescue Plan was set into action and we celebrate the birth of our King!!



I added some ribbon and paper piercing, along with some brads and that finished my card!  I am keeping this short as it is now 12:30am on Saturday morning for me and I can feel myself 'fading!'  You know - one night I was busy commenting and the next thing you know I woke as my head hit the table...I realised I am burning the candle at both ends and sometimes push myself too far, so I am endeavouring to be in bed by midnight - what do you think!!

Thanks for stopping and  for those fabulous comments you have been leaving me!!  You make my day!!  I hope you all have the best day!  God bless you!

10 comments:

  1. Linda, this is gorgeous!! Love all of the distressing. I am with you my dear, you need to try to get to bed and get your sleep in.;D. Thinking of you my friend. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and a perfect Christmas card,its nice to reflect back on the true meaning of Christmas...we do tend to forget it!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card my friend and well depicts what the season is all about! I have wondered how you manage to stay on top of all the challenges you do plus all the comments... I'd say you do need to rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sponging on the textured paper, adds so much depth! And I think your friends are probably right, you might need a rest! Lovely card, thanks so much for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - as usual ;-), but my dear, like me you need your beauty sleep - for your family's sake as well as yours, so yes, do try to get to bed a wee bit earlier, or you may find you send an inappropriate email to someone as your head hits the keyboard :-)

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Get some rest, you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, rustic and BEAUTIFUL Linda!! Love your chalk technique and the sponging- it's fantastic! Great job, and thanks for playing along at SSCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I really like the way you used color on this card. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in on the fun at SSCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, I appreciate your words as they speak so well the message of Christmas. Your card is dramatic and stunning.

    I am enjoying getting to know you and thanks for playing along this week at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}