}

Sunday, February 7, 2010

There is a Door

I am late for the Twisted Sister Challenge which was due on Friday, but these girls are very forgiving and the day is very flexible, as we all know - life happens.  It was our kids first week back at school  last week after 8 weeks holidays - we all had to adjust! LOL!  My youngest started High School - what a reality check for me...they are growing so fast.  My DH took some great photos that I am going to scrapbook, so you will get to see them soon!  But in the meantime...here is my card for the Twisted Sister Challenge - the theme was inspired by one of the Sisters' cat going missing, thankfully after a couple of days she was back 'Home Sweet Home' which is our theme!


I have finally managed to use this stamp set from Darkroom Door that my DH got me for Christmas....it just appeals to me on so many levels...every image in the set was made with me in mind! LOL! I just love the sentiment and what it says to me....I am grateful that the door I have chosen in my life gives me a known future both here and eternity....The known and the unknown are there for all of us - I am s-o-o relieved that it is God that opens and shuts each doors for me - I could not trust myself to choose wisely - it is not as though life is a game show and we get to go home afterwards - these are decisions that determine our future!


The fabulous DP is Cork Paper from McMahon Five Designs - I love this stuff - it is amazing to use...nothing like the name 'Wood Paper' makes you think - this cork DP is soft and has a lot of give, bends like Grungeboard, but a lot thinner - there is such a variety - you can check it out here.  I have also used DP that I have torn and inked, it has stones on it, this reminds me of a path leading to the house.


I finished this card last night, but it just wasn't 'popping' for me - if it doesn't 'pop' then I am not happy with it and asked my DH what he thought - he said it needs to 'pop' ( he knows all of the terminology - God bless that man!!) you need to add dimension to the door!!  Hel-l-o-o - why did I know think of that - you know I LOVE layers and dimension...so once I had done that it added so much to the card... I am loving the slightly 'grungy' look that I have here, it's a bit different for me, but it is great for a change - I am going to have to learn to do 'grunge' properly - it is a look I really like on scrpabooking - especially masculine pages....

Thank you for stopping in and taking the time to leave me a comment - I have realised that I am a COMMENT JUNKIE - I love making them and L-U-V getting them - they make my day!  It is Sunday afternoon here and drizzling -  just right for us - I hope your weekend is a rlaxing and fun one - maybe you might even get into your craft room/area!  God bless you!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, This is a great card and quite different for you. For me it has a "Harry Potter' look about it, and the sentiment gave me little shivers because of the mystery of it, and the thoughts it evokes. The techniques you used are so right for this card and I thought it was stunning. Luv ya Mum/AKA SuperNan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a change of pace for you - both in the card and in your life :-).(I used to love those changes, both when the holidays started and when school started again.) Love the card, and I echo what your Mum says.- if I am allowed ;-)
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Linda. I love the saYING AND THE COLOURS ARE FANTASTIC..lOZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your animal here, my kitty is looking around, can't figure it all out. Your card is lovely, as is the door, I love the colors and the looks of it. Well done Linda, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your doors theme. So appropriate for your faith in God. You inspire me, Linda. I noticed the grungy being not your usual style right away! I like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did my comment make it? or did I click off to soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda your door card and sentiment is wonderful!!! I LOVE the grungy look you achieved! Ths key hanging by the door is perfect! I love the words you shared with us as well.... so true sistah!!! Wise words... wise choices!!! I'm glad we're sisters and we'll be there together one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous,love the colours and the Grunge look!!! Love that your husband knows your terminology....lol...!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is brilliant hun gosh it is so life like just love it hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}