}

Sunday, April 17, 2011

SSIC LOC Postcard - Just Because

Sunday brings us the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge and that is always a pleasure to bring you!  This weeks challenge is brought to us my the fabulous Peggysue.


who has chosen this scripture from Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan!"

 and has challenged us to versamark for a tone on tone background somewhere on your card


I was inspired by the gorgeous sticker that was on one of the most gorgeously wrapped 'Pay it Forward' packages that I received this week from the lovely Abby at Little Birdie Blessings  - Abby is inspiring in so many ways and also has the most divine free vintage images - I know she would love to see you as much as you are going to LOVE to visit her!


I have used Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Peeled Paint on olive green card stock for my tone on tone...I love the way it looks with the Layers of Color Belle Brocade art stencil.


For my sentiment I have used the Layers of Color Sent With Love art stamp set (a favourite of mine), I have  layered it onto some old recycled lace and a Crinkled Seam Binding Bow.  The gold feather embellishment is tied with some Bakers Twine threading it through a button - I don't know about you but I love buttons on cards and am only just 'finding my way' with them - I have been inspired by my dear friend Nina Brackett, who just happened to illustrate the Layers of Color Sent With Love art stamp set and the wonderful Queen of Shabby Chic -  Bety - I love the way they embellish - thank you ladies for the inspiration!!

You can see Peggysue's devotional on over at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Make sure you stop by the Design Team Blogs and see that gorgeous 'works of the heart' they have created for you!!

*Lisa Chris Grace * Kristine * MariLynn * Peggysue * Randi  (on break)* Miejse * Rebekka * Sabrina*
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda... love the oldy worldy feel to it... just like your blog skin - it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda what a really pretty card. Love the birdhouse and the sentiment!!! You did a real good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really beautiful tonight Linda. I also want to cheer you for acknowledging the other artists that share ideas and inspire you.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS Linda!!! You have so many wonderful details here for me to feast my eyes upon... oh my! Love it!

    Have a wonderful Easter week my friend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Linda! I like the distress inks for tone on tone, they give such a nice effect and you use birds so often in your creations, you must have a true love of that aspect of God's creation. Wishing you a blessed Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card! I just love that bird with the bird house! So pretty. That button treatment is the best too! Have a wonderful week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Linda, this is so pretty.. I just love bird houses..wonderful layout and wonderful
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Linda! =) Lovely card... it looks Just "LIKE" you! Matches your blog perfectly too =) Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Linda! Your work is always inspiring as well as a delight to view.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!I love the colors and the image!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!I love the colors and the paper!Gorgeous!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda this is one of the best - I think it is a real stunner, with all the detail and yet that beautiful focal point. The wee feather charm is a beautiful accent, as are the pearls and piercing.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card. I love all the little details. I really like the little bird feather charm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, thank you for your kind words about me. I'm glad you upcycled that sticker into one of your spectacular cards. It's just beautiful.
    ~ Abby ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, oh my goodness, you have outdone yourself on this beauty!! Love that bird sitting on his little birdhouse and that lace.....yummy. Have a blessed weekend my sweet friend!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. The details on this are just amazing Linda. Thanks for all of the pictures so I can feast my eyes upon it and take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this card is very beautiful linda


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}