}

Saturday, October 15, 2011

DD Old Friends

I have a quick post today - amazing I know!!  I am working on NUMEROUS projects for up and coming events and it is time for me to move it up a notch or two


This card was one that was created for my Card Design Classes at my LSS using Darkroom Door Rubber Stamps Vintage Automobiles


I am on a mission - top try and use every stamp in a set to make my own DP - how many sets do we own where we have used only one or two stamps in it and the other ones remain unlinked and just plain SAD! LOL!


I have used the large card for the main image and randomly stamped sentiments and the little car images on it, using Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain Distressing Inks


and I love this sentiment - what a truth!!  LOL!  I have to add here that this was very hard for me to make, I am not used to one layer and wasn't too sure about it BUT the lovely ladies at both Classes loved it and are going to be making more along this line - so that has to be a good thing - right!?

This card is for the following challenges:
Southern Girls - Boys or Men in your Life
Pals Paper Arts - Photo Inspiration
Truly Scrumptious - distressing 
Craft Your Passion - A Card for All Occasions
Crafty Cardmakers - Anything Goes 
Creative Stamp Friends - Autumn Colors 
 Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Woodware USA - Anything Goes (again)

Thank you for stopping by today - before you go I wanted to invite you to

Layers of Color – Join our Ornament Blog Hop on October 26th!

Make sure you mark the date in your diary - there is so much inspiration to be found from the design Team plus some very talented Guest Designers - you are not going to want to miss this!!

It is Saturday here and a very laid back one for our family as we are recovering from 3 weeks of SICKNESS in the house - my poor teenagers have been sick for the whole of their school holidays, but thankfully today are able to enjoy a sunny day and do a few things - as I am sitting here my DD2 is playing her guitar and singing songs she has written - it is music to my ears in so many ways! God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

8 comments:

  1. lots of rubber used there, Linda - well done!! And yes, that sentiment is so true.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Linda, and love the sentiment.

    Thanks for sharing with us at 'Make it Monday'

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely design & a great use of stamps. I love the sentiment you've used, it's so true. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect image for your sentiment!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM!
    And remember, to be in the running to win the prize, just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super goal to use all of the stamps in a set! Perfect idea to use for bg paper. This is a fantastic man style card, Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a stunning card ~perfect for any car lover!!
    thanks for joining us on CREATIVE STAMP FRIENDS!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the sentiment - so great! Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, fantastic distressing. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}