}

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Art Journal - Not All Who Wander are Lost

Hello friends - welcome and thank you for stopping by! I have been working on another Art Journal, although my signature is shabby/vintage - I decided to create something a little more grunge/urban and am sharing a page in my upcycled journal. I have worked 'within the lines' for so long that 'colouring outside the lines' does not come easy but I do think it is getting easier with each page - moving forward slowly!



As I have mentioned before - I am very blessed to have been inspired by so many wonderful artists - my journey with the Australian Mixed Media Roadshow has certainly opened by eyes to life beyond paper - while at the same time showed me that I can work with paper and still create Mixed Media projects - there really are no set rules...- it is a matter of shaking off those things which limit us and open up our minds

My husband - my biggest supporter - says I am transitioning - and have been for some time; whatever that may mean - as long as it does not involve hormones I am okay with it.  Wink:wink!  Then there are the wonderful artists on the Roadshow who encourage me LOUDLY to 'come over to the DARK SIDE!' LOL not naming names Michael DeMeng!!  Then there are the words of encouragement from John Creighton Peterson - 'look at you girl - getting in touch with your dark side!' LOL!  That makes me laugh.  Of course the Seth Apter was quietly working away inspiring me and giving me a nudge here and there...LOL!  I am grateful to these guys and the amazing ladies who are part of my journey - taking me out of my comfort zone and to new places artistically! 

Seth - well he was just encouraging every time we chatted about art - and I have to say I am greatly inspired by Seth's stamps, dies and stencils - I seem to use them a lot when it come to my take on Mixed Media....Seth actually was a key person in helping me define the whole Crafter/Artist thing...if you know what I mean - along with Linda Molden Peterson - who is amazing and I had the honour of meeting in Phoenix on a Spellbinders Retreat....anyway enough about that...

So here you have it - I have been inspired by one of my favourite sayings and a photograph taken by my husband.  The background is from a recycled box and I hve added some inking.  A very easy page but I felt it was a case of 'less is more' - the good things is I can always add more if I feel inspired in the future.

This page is linked to the following challenges:
Artistic Stampers Mix it Up
Do-Al(l) Kreatives Anything but a Card
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes + optional Stitching (Real or Faux)
QKRstampede Challenge - Anything goes
DL.Art Linky Challenge - Always Anything Goes
Patti's Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - Always Anything Goes 
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar  ANYTHING GOES
Lavinia World Challenges - Anything Goes Using Rubber Or Clear Stamps 
Digi Chooseday - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon - Use More Than Two Words
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

                                                          {{{hugs}}} and happy creating 
  

28 comments:

  1. This really caught my eye, love it. Welcome to the dark side. I love all those guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing creation, I love the colourful background and the "Charlie chaplin" wistfully looking at the wonderful station picture. Your sentiment matches so well. Fabulous work. Thank you so much for joining us in our Morgan's Artworld Challenge at Morgan's Artworld Challenge this week. We would love to see you again in our next challenge.

    Faith Morgans Artworld DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your post Linda, and excited to see more of your 'dark side'! This is beautiful! Your hubby's photograph is fantastic, and a story in itself! I love how you've framed it and contrasted it with so much colour. Beautiful saying and perfectly brought to life by your journal page! Thanks for sharing this with us at Morgan's Artworld
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, this is a lovely art journal. Love those colors you have used and that sentiment is great, isn't it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Barbara DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful journal page and I especially love the masculine style.
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#35 – Anything but a card}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#35 – Inspired by a song}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#65 – Birthday}
    *GDT* C.R.A.F.T. {#535 – Christmas}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Linda - so exciting to see your art horizons expanding, and this is stunning! Great photography too (You may pass that on ;).
    Thanks for joining us at the current Word Art Wednesday Challenge
    Blessings
    Maxine
    WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Linda. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card- I love the layers and added embellisments. Thank you for crafting with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, i will have to share this card with my friend, who loves trains. This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! Love the colors of the background. It really makes the photo and image pop. So glad you shared it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #13 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Lovely way to show off that photo. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great journaling piece. Thanks so much for joining us at Lavinia World challenges. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your art journal piece is really special! The photo looks amazing on that page! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this looks just super. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Back again, and again, just so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always said you are a natural with mixed media -- and here is more proof :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always said you are a natural with mixed media -- and here is more proof :-) - Seth

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! This is just fantastic and that outline just makes the whole card! Love the whole look of it! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning.Love the colors and design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your work of art. The colors and choice of image and sentiments are excellent.Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge this week. DT Kathy myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so unique! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Anything Goes” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
    Pattie
    Artist and Owner

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic journal page. WOW Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Challenge. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is very nice. I love the frame!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Colours - Thank you for Joining us at Creatalicious hope to see you again - Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi this is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog November Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely journal page!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional stitching” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}