}

Friday, November 6, 2009

FTTC40 Naturally Pink

Wow - it feels like forever since I have posted a card here, but in reality it has only been a couple of days!  I have been busy making cards  but they are the Layers of Colour New Releases coming up - you can see the invitation here.  I have also been working on some other projexts that you will get to see over th enxt few weeks - it is all good!

Today my card is for this weeks Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge where Kimberly Crawford  is challenging us to a Limited Supplies Challenge! Our challenge is to combine a colored image, texture or textures, and any shades of neutrals we want. You can pack on the layers and textures just make sure you include an image to color and use only neutral cardstock. Just so you know you can us any combination of whites, creams, blacks, browns, and grays!



I have used this image that I water coloured at my Scrapbooking night with my SU Demo Ann - we watercoloured with Aqua Pens and Ink Pads - such an easy way to colour and so effective!  I have cut it out with my Fiskar Large Circle Punch and layered it onto a pink Scalloped Circle.



 The background CS is embossed with the Hearts embossing folder and has been distressed around the edges along with the white CS it is layered into.  The sentiment is from PTI and has been cut out with the SU Windows Slot Punch and raised up on 3D foam dots.  I have used button brads on both the image and each side of the sentiment.



But my biggest achievement is the bow - it is the first one I have made with my Bow-Easy....which was given to me by my dear friend Melinda (aka Melinda80)  I quickly emailed and SOS to Kathy (aka Wattle) and got a link for the easiest tutorial - and here I am 'fully licenced' and ready to go!!  I have actually wanted to use a bow on my last few cards but it doesn't come naturally to me, so I am 'easing' my way into it.  I used lace for this one and am happy with it!  I am sure if you keep an eye out along the way, they will improve with each one!!



Well that is it for now, thank you for stopping by and for your encouraging comments - I love knowing you have been - you make my day!  God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Linda! Love the soft pink and white color combo and you did a great job with your bow easy!!! Doesn't look like it needs to get any better!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had missed you Linda, and thought you may be working on the new releases.
    Your card is another masterpiece - love the wee buttons and the bow is great - just like you to make it in lace!1 :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda your card is so pretty and girly and feminine...just how I like them!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious Linda! Love that embossing and lace....so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, Linda. Your watercolor is perfect for the carriage, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and sweet!! I love it, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}