}

Thursday, November 26, 2009

LOC Granny's Jewelry

It is time for another look at the Layers of Colour  New Release Stamps - this one is Granny's Jewelry...I love this set of stamps  - it is so much fun creating images that are like jewellery....these are particularly lovely to be as my beautiful Nana loved her jewellery - she was known for her stunning brooches.  When she passed away all of the daughters and granddaughters got one of them, they are something we will always treasure.  This particular one is one of my favourites and I loved using it with pearls!



I decided to keep my card simple so that you could see that these stamps suits any style - I tend to do more vintage but they look great with this more CAS style as well - this is very CAS for me!  I embossed the image in copper embossing power and then added clear nail bling and copper pearl, I used  a circle punch and then sponged around the edges, popping it up on dimensionals and layering it onto a scalloped circle which has also been sponged around.  This looks good enough to wear!!



The DP has been embossed and sponged, a thing panel of DP with scalloped border is added across the middle of the card and then some  gorgeous old crochet lace across the centre....so simple!!

Make sure you pop across to Layers of Color to be inspired by all of the cards made by the Designers, there are eight other new sets for you to check out as well - be prepared to be 'wowed' - it is well worth the trip!

This card qualifies for Kelly's Word of the Week Challenge - the word being:
parure: (derived from "parer" to prepare, adorn) a matched set of ornaments (as jewelry). 
 I know this is only one jewel, but there is another one coming in a few days...so how could I resist linking it!

Thank you for stopping in and for those lovely comments you leave me.  It makes my day to see that you have  been.  Have a great day....God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. Linda that is spectacular! I love how you embellished your card, too...it looks like you opened up your Nana's Jewelry Box and that brooch is laying right there IN it! FABULOUS job, thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this when I sow it on LOC ans still love it now - it lookes like a brooch on a wee pad with the dimension you have given the whole card.

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this is GORGEOUS... absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I love that lace, I am a big sucker for lace and this is just beautiful. And girl, don't get me started on this cool looking piece of jewelry ;D. I sure does look like a piece from Nana's jewelry chest. Love it!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the romantic vintage feeling of your card, Linda! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}