}

Friday, November 13, 2009

LOC Freebie - Herald Angel

I have used another one of the Layers of Color FREEBIES that are available for a limited time in conjunction with their New Release Party that is on 14-15 November - it is getting really close now and I am really looking forward to it, especially if I see YOU there! You can join in the fun and while doing so you might be the winner of a number of BIG prizes - click here to see how you enter.


I have used the Herald Angel image and copied it onto creme CS. I used this card with the window already in to and sponged around the edges of the outside of the card and the inside of the frame.  I attached the image on the inside.  I added a strip that had been punch with the SU Eyelet Border Punch and sponged, I attached this to the inside of the red CS and attached Kaiser Half Gems.



 I sponged around the image on the inside of the frame and used the Old World Flourishes from Layers of Color in distressing Ink to add that extra touch.



I had this sentiment from a RAK that I was sent from one of my Twisted Sisters Lesley (aka Marleygo) I am pretty sure it is Our Daily Bread Designs but will come back and confirm that as soon as I pop over there and check (Don't hold your breath I always get caught up when I go there...so much to see! LOL!!) I used a Nestibilities Ribbon Tag to cut out the sentiment and then sponged around the edges and threaded through some ribbon attaching this below the window on the card.



A flower that I picked up in a After Christmas Sale last year for 10 cents a packet of 10, was added to the top corner of the image.  I had to trim it, cutting the flower down by half, but it worked well on this card, I attached the flower with a brad and added gems either side - you have to have bling at Christmas!! The final touch was th layered photo corners.



It sounds like a lot of work, but was so quick....this image and three others are available for you over at the Layers of Color so pop over there and get them - I would love to see what you do. There are more being given away at the New Release Party this coming weekend, 14-15 November and great prizes to be won - it could be you who wins...remember - you have to be 'in it to win it!!'

Thank you for coming by today - I love to see you have been, your comments are always so encouraging!  If this post is a bit disjointed today - it is because I am tried - my day started at 4:50 as my DD2 was heading off to Sydney on a School Excursion, it is about 3 hours away and they needed an early start for their excursion out on Sydney Harbour - what a way to spend a day!!  So I can feel myself winding down and y concentration going....ZZZZZzzz.......LOL!  God bless you!! 

7 comments:

  1. Love the way you have used this image - the colours are just delicious!! Another beautiful card, with that flower just finishing it!!

    May you recover from your early start and finish the day woth a flourish :-)

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this silhouette angel!! So elegant and beautiful!! Your colors and design are gorgeous my friend!!! So rich. The flower adds to the elegance.

    Have a great weekend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Linda...so unique and classy....love all of your details here especially in the corners/borders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Linda!! That silhouette is gorgeous and love the accents of the border punch, bling and flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Linda...how did I miss this one?!! WOW!! This is sooo gorgeous!! What a beautiful job you've done with this digi!! Stunning finishing details!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Linda, another classic beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I love seeing all the beautiful details! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}