}

Thursday, December 24, 2009

LOC 'Chicken'

As soon as the Layers of Color new release sets were sent to me I knew I was going to have to do this page - it was just a matter of when!  The set I am talking about is the Rise & Shine set.
I have made is LayOut for our friends and neighbours whose daughter is the 'star' in these photos.  Some of you know Shanias story and have prayed for her - this dear little thing, who has affectionately become known as 'Chicken' by our family has had 4 Open Heart surgeries before the age of 4.  She has ruled two homes from the minute she arrived....this girl has touched our hearts and sewn herslef right it.  We have  nearly as many photos of her as we do our own children....and I wanted to give her Mum and Dad a 'Work of the Heart' for Christmas!



I used the SU Spiral Punch down the side of the photos and then 'roughed them up' a bit after sponging around all edges.  The photos have been layered onto DP from the same set of Papers and then onto the red torn and 'spiraled' DP!  I also used the Her Majesty's Urns set and placed two of the chickens in one of them - one of the chickens has been popped up on dimensionals.



The Chicken has also deen popped up on dimensionals along with the Martha Stewart Fence Punch.  I used the SU Whimsey Alphabet, sponged around the edges and attached this to the fence. A half flower was added to the end of the fence  and Old World Flourishes added each side of the Mother Hen.



A large Prisma Flower (thank you Sabrina) was layered into another MS Fence which has been stamped with the Flourish from the Nature Walk art stamp set - I have to say love this flourish and have already used it a lot!  I have added a second flower and attached it with a large brad.  I have added touches of red to the flourish with chalks!  I thoroughly enjoyed creating this page - I love the fact that we can create 'treasures' that hold so much meaning and memories!



It is Christmas Eve here and we open one present each Christmas Eve and have our Christmas Dinner - so I am off to prepare veges and all that kind of thing (what a reality check! LOL!)  I did get a stamp set for my present - one from Darkroom door and I am pretty sure I will be making a card with it in the next few days....so I will be seeing you then!!  In  the meantime have a FABULOUS CHRISTmas, enjoy your family and friends, tell those you love how much they mean to you and ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!!  Do take a moment to remember why we celebrate - the greatest gift of all!!  God bless you all....and see you soon!
{{{HUGS}}}}

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful layout Linda! I'm loving these flourishes and of course your coloring!!! You are sooo good at that vintage feel!!!

    I wish you and yours a blessed CHRISTmas as well!!! Enjoy each moment and may your new year be fileed with all God's richest blessings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love this page....you always put just the right elements together. I wish you and your family the most wonderful and spirit filled Christmas ever. May the true light shine and may you and your family be blessed beyond measure. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Beee-ooot-iful page - as ever!! Love what you have done here!!
    May you know Christ's richest blessings over the next few days as you celebrate God's gift of Jesus.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda and what a precious little girl!!! Her parents are going love it and will treasure it forever!! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a darling little gril! She sure deserves a beautiful page like this.

    Merry Christmas Linda. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

    Mvh
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nat would be thrilled with this pretty page. How cute! what a great friend you are to them all. Shania has not changed one little bit. x Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}