}

Monday, December 14, 2009

LOC Ooh -La-La...

The countdown is on and Layers of Color are counting down in conjunction with the Cuttebug Challenge - we are sponsoring the Third Day of Christmas - 3 French Hens.  How could I resist playing along with these gorgeous chicks from the Layers of Color art stamp set Arise & Shine



I embossed the DP with the Stylised Flowers embossing folder and sponged around the edges - I have to add here that I LOVE my Cuttlebug - I use it every day and would be lost without it!!  The frame from the Beaded Frames art stamp set is stamped and coloured with chalks and has Distressed Stickles added for effect!  The chicks (how cute are they) have been cut out with a circle punch and also been sponged around the edges, coloured with chalks and popped up on dimensionals...Distressed Stckles have also been added - it was not my original intention but like all best made plans - this don't always go as planned - I squeezed the stickles bottle and it was a case of stickles galore - so I got a paint brush and dispersed them a bit more - hence the 'blingy chicks!'



These have been attached to the torn image and attached over the black and white gingham ribbon. Assorted flowers have been added and a vintage button in the center


There is an opportunity for you, at the Cuttlebug Challenge - you can win one of three Layers of Colours Stamp sets and also be inspired at the same time - don't forget to leave a comment while you are there too!  Over at Layers of Color you can be inspired by cards from the Designers and also see the other New Release sets available - it is win-win!

*****************************************
Just in closing I thought I would show you some of the things that I have made for the household as part of our Christmas Memories, something for our children to treasure over the years - the first of these is this table runner, which takes pride of place on our coffee table each Christmas.  I was given this material and quilted the runner - I have to be honest and say I brought the gold runner and quilted  the printed material onto it...you also get a 'sneak peak' at the 'peace' sign I made - I will show you that properly with tomorrow's post!



Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate you taking the time, especially with things being so busy coming up to Christmas - I love knowing you have been and your comments make my day!!  It is the first day of school holidays there and we are really counting down...10 sleeps for us....God bless you!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful,a fabulous design and love how you have placed the images!!! Your table runner is gorgeous,the material is so pretty!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your "glam" chickens :-)!! They are sooo cute.
    thanks for sharing some of your families Christmas traditions.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your card is just soooo pretty, Linda! Such a fun sketch and love the wonderful flowers you added!!

    Your table runner is just soooo beautiful too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}