}

Friday, September 14, 2018

Art Journal - Be Original

Hello friends, thanks so much for stopping by.  I am sharing another page from my Art Journal - I don't seem to be able to find enough time to do as much of it as I would like, it is often the late hours of the night - or lets be honest - the early hours of the morning where I sit and 'play!' it is all part of the journey! Wink:wink! . Today's page has also used one of the Spellbinders Seth Apter Collection - you can see my journal pages HERE.  They feature greatly in my Journal as Seth is not only a very dear friend but also a major mentor and inspiration.


For my page base I have used some reasonably genetic patterned paper and added some layers using ink, paint and stamps - it is definitely a different genre from card making - but lots of fun and a road I am loving to travel on.  


The adorably 'quirky' image is  from Rubbermoon by Sunny Carvalho - this girl just makes me smile - isn't she adorable?!  She has been coloured using Chameleon Pens and layered onto two layers of coloured card stock.  The sentiment above her has been computer generated.  


The sentiment on the left has been stamped using Imagine Memento Inks in Tuxedo Black and trimmed into strips then adhered using double sided tape.  This has been added - a simple form of journaling - but I am working on that - I have never found it easy, even on my scrap booking - but I am evolving in this and it will happen - not today, but along the way.  If you have any hints - please feel free to leave a comment here! 


I have used the added the Seth Apter Fragment X Etched Dies to the page adding some hand drawn lines around the edges in white to add a more personal touch. A few stamped ink splotches, texture paste, Wooden Embellishments, Cogs and a few little 'additions' from my stash.   I just love this journal created using recycled cardboard - I have great plans for it .... hope you join me and help me 'spread my wings' in this journey!! 

You can see Seth Apter's Spellbinders Collection HERE - they are divine!!

                                    This page is linked to the following challenges:
As You Like It Challenge Favourite Girl Or Boy 
Crafting With An Attitude - Always Anything Goes
Stamps & Stencils - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Sept-Bright Colours
Crafting By Designs - Encouragement
Moo-Mania & More  - Circles 
WordArt Wednesdays Anything Goes 
A Inky Mess (mixed media, altered) - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Messy
We Love 2 Create  - Always Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
    Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

    {{{hugs}}} and happy creating

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page, love the quirky image you've used ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda what a departure from your usual style, but still amazing - love it. Keep up the great work!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page! So happy you linked to us over at Moo Mania & More!
    It would fit our current theme of "A World of Fantasty" over at ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE as well.
    Would be great to meet you there as well!
    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful page, Linda

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really adorable! You can go from boring hand written pages that you will never revisit to personal works of art that you will love to look at again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page and lovely colors.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great journal page .. thanks for sharing at Through the Purple Haze.
    Happy Crafting.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely journal spread! Thanks for playing with us at HLS!- Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely journal spread. I love the bright colours you've used and you are so right about that super cute stamped image. thanks for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}