}

Friday, September 7, 2018

Discover Yourself

Hello friends, thanks so much for stopping by.  We are all on a journey, whether it is art, faith, health or something else. Today I am sharing part of my journey with an Art Journal page - I was inspired to journal when I created the Mixed Media project using some of the Spellbinders Seth Apter Collection - you can see the post HERE.


I have used the negative die from the Shapeabilities Seth Apter Take Flight Etched Dies as my focal point, adding some hand drawn lines around the edges to add a more personal touch. The sticker sentiments have been added - a simple form of journaling - but I am working on that - I have never found it easy, even on my scrapbooking - but I am evolving in this and it will happen - not today, but along the way.  If you have any hints - please feel free to leave a comment here!  The globe inside the Die is Spellbinders Die D-Lites World View Etched Dies and has been popped up using Scrapbook Adhesives BY 3L 3D Foam Squares. 


A few stamped ink splotches, texture paste, Prima Wooden Embellishments, Washi Tape, Cogs and a aeroplane embellishment from Want2Scrap I have also added corrugated cardboard that has been sponged using white paint and Imagine Memento Ink in Teal Zeal and a few little 'additions' from my stash.   I just love this journal created using recycled cardboard - I have great plans for it .... hope you join me and help me 'spread my wings' in this journey!! 


You can see the Seth Apter Collection HERE - they are divine!!

This page is linked to the following challenges:
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite non-card project (&why) - art journaling - love discovering new things
Crafting By Designs - September Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude - Always Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Always Anything Goes 
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Always Anything Goes 
WordArt Wednesdays Anything Goes
City Crafter Challenge - By Sea or Sky
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything But A Card
Lemon Shortbread - Always Anything Goes 
Unicorn Challenge - Add A Charm
Simon Says Wednesday - Stamp (no digis)

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{hugs}}} and happy crafting

11 comments:

  1. Love the hint of grunge on this spread Linda - a colourful page, keep up the great work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
    Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous art journal pages! I adore the way you used colors and textures! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great journal art! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is amazing ! love all the colours and textures.
    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    I hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous detail!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love the journal page! Gorgeous colours and elements. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an amazing project you gave made!!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous in all its detailing
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
    Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Unicorn Challenge this month!
    Hugs Donna (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}