}

Monday, July 8, 2013

AIR Tutorial #1 - Arists Choice


I am sharing my first Artist in Residence post for July and it is Artists Choice - this is where we got to use whatever IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® product we like in any way that we want - love that!



  
 I have a very quick and easy project and Step by Step Tutorial to share with you today - inspiration came when my daughter came home with an adorable little owl ornament - she was so excited and loved it, buying it even though it had chips out of the paint - because it was the last one and she could not resist it ... it was already repaired in my mind! LOL!



  •  IMAGINE Crafts® GlazOn™ Layer Protectant 
  • IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Daubers

  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® StazOn® Solvent Inks in Fuchsia Pink

 You an see just how many chops there are by the photos below - just goes to show that 'love really is blind'  but it wasn't going to be a problem for too long.





I started by wiping the Owl with a clean cloth to have a clean surface to start with. 
IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® StazOn® Solvent Inks are perfect for ceramic surfaces, using the Fuchsia Pink and a IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Dauber the chipped areas have been sponged, allowed to dry and coated with IMAGINE Crafts® GlazOn™ Layer Protectant using one of the IMAGINE Crafts® Ink Blushers™.



 
I added the Fuchsia Pink StazOn® Solvent Ink around the raised areas to make it blend in.  It looks as good as new.  I love it that I can use the IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®products for things other than paper.  All of the inks clearly list what they can be used for - definitely makes me think 'out of the square!'

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{Hugs}}}
 

2 comments:

  1. Clever you! I'm always happy to find a new use for my inks. Love Staz-On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that owl! LOVE the colour too and your 'repair' job is amazingly clever, and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}