}

Monday, July 8, 2013

AIR Tutorial #1 - Arists Choice


I am sharing my first Artist in Residence post for July and it is Artists Choice - this is where we got to use whatever IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® product we like in any way that we want - love that!



  
 I have a very quick and easy project and Step by Step Tutorial to share with you today - inspiration came when my daughter came home with an adorable little owl ornament - she was so excited and loved it, buying it even though it had chips out of the paint - because it was the last one and she could not resist it ... it was already repaired in my mind! LOL!



  •  IMAGINE Crafts® GlazOn™ Layer Protectant 
  • IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Daubers

  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® StazOn® Solvent Inks in Fuchsia Pink

 You an see just how many chops there are by the photos below - just goes to show that 'love really is blind'  but it wasn't going to be a problem for too long.





I started by wiping the Owl with a clean cloth to have a clean surface to start with. 
IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® StazOn® Solvent Inks are perfect for ceramic surfaces, using the Fuchsia Pink and a IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Dauber the chipped areas have been sponged, allowed to dry and coated with IMAGINE Crafts® GlazOn™ Layer Protectant using one of the IMAGINE Crafts® Ink Blushers™.



 
I added the Fuchsia Pink StazOn® Solvent Ink around the raised areas to make it blend in.  It looks as good as new.  I love it that I can use the IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®products for things other than paper.  All of the inks clearly list what they can be used for - definitely makes me think 'out of the square!'

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{Hugs}}}
 

2 comments:

  1. Clever you! I'm always happy to find a new use for my inks. Love Staz-On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is that owl! LOVE the colour too and your 'repair' job is amazingly clever, and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! {{hugs}}}