}

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Air Tutorial #1 October Artist Choice

It is always exciting to share a tutorial as an Artist in Residence for Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko - this is my first tutorial for October and it is 'Artist Choice'.  It is always fun to play with the inks and products - I love the creative journey - I don't don't arrive at the destination I thought I would be - but the journey is always fun!





  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® VersaFine™ Archival Pigment Ink - Onyx Black
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento™ Dye Ink Dew Drop in Desert Sand
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Daubers™
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Delicata™ Pigment Ink
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Rose Bud, Angel Pink
Preferred Promotional Partners:


Other: 
 Want2Scrap© - Beautiful Bling Borders by Nina Brackett - Beautiful Blooms    
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - E-Z Runner - permanent
White card, Dark pink patterned paper, script patterned paper, pink gingham paper; scissors, foam tape


I wanted to bring new life to a very large pale pink flower I have had in my stash for some time, I started by inking the edges using IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Angel Pink, followed by Rose Bud - concentrating on the outer edge of the petals.




Using the Precious Metals Premium Craft Foils Assortment in gold.  Cut/emboss one (1) Dresses Two Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Blank.  Emboss this using the Grate Works Two  Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Texture Plate.  Using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - EZ Runner, adhere the flower - folding it in half first, adding a piece of tape to hold the halves together.





Cut/emboss one (1) Diamond Effects Spellbinders® Nestabilities® Card Creator# 3 (#1 being the smallest) and use the negative/ outer edge of the Die - as shown below.




Cut one (1)card base using Pearl Effects Spellbinder® Nestabilities® Card Creator, using white card 26cm x10cm folded in half.  Place the folded edge inside of the Die to create a card base, next cut/emboss a single layer of the Pearl Effects

Cut card and papers to layer, as shown in the photo below - round the corners of the dark pink and script paper, also sponging around the edges of the script paper using IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento™ Dye Ink Dew Drop in Desert Sand and an IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Dauber™




Cut/emboss one (1) Fancy Framed Tags Two Spellbinders® Shapeabilities®  using white card, use the Die as a Stencil sponging the inside of the Die using IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Delicata™ Pigment Ink and an IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Daubers™




Finish off the card by adhering the tag to the lower portion of the card using foam tape and adding a strip of  Want2Scrap© - Beautiful Bling Borders by Nina Brackett - Beautiful Blooms
along the right side - every party dress needs some bling!




Thanks for stopping by - I always love to see you have been.  I hope you are inspired to use your inks in different ways - you can change the look of something so easily, personalise your embellishments to fit your projects without even leaving the house! LOL!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you! 

{{{hugs}}}
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Really pretty. I love paper crafts and this is something that I really would like to learn. My brother and I are planning on a small craft business, and I am just hoping that we can find a flexible finance solution to help us for the startup.

    You got great tips and how-to's here. I'll keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I love what you've done with the blank!!! and the flower cut in half! Very clever Lovely Linda!!!
    Great tutorial!!
    Kim Hupke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda I love the way you have made the flower into a skirt - you amaze me with your creativity. The card is beautiful!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}