}

Friday, June 5, 2009

First Days of School




Those first days of school - I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say they still brought up mixed feelings in me evn now.....it is so hard to hand your children, your most precious possessions, over to someone else's care and influence for 6 hours each day....it is also the beginning of their independence.....such a mixture of feelings. I loved scrapbooking these photos of my children's first days....when I first started scrapbooking a couple of months ago I thought I would do a page at each class and be happy with that - well, great in theory...but one night I got an idea....and then it became an addiction...My SU Demo was amazed to find that last month I did 5 pages....

These photos are a collection of my three children's first day at school.....I love the film strip idea as one of the things that made me hesitant about starting scrapbooking was the fact that if there was more than 1-2 photos on the page it never looked streamlined and I like to see more photos on some pages! I like it that I was able to get a number of photos on but kept it uncluttered!!
I am also determined to use stamping on my pages and have done the 'Emboss Resist' technique on these pages to follow through with the bird them theme that was already there....I am happy with the result! I have also done some highlighting on the flowers with Chalks to add some depth to them.

The sentiment was done on the computer, then inked and layered on navy CS.....so that it is for this double Sketch....Thank you for looking and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these pages!!! I do appreciate you stopping by ! God bless you!

I do have to add that these photos have been waiting to be displayed in something other than a tattered packet between six and eight years! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. These scrap pages are awesome - Linda!!! Your children are so adorable!!! Thanks for sharing these with us!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very precious and what a great layout too! I know what you mean. It seems like just last year and yet it's been 33 years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}