}

Friday, June 26, 2009

In my Prayers


Who doesn't love Fridays - for so-o-o many reasons, one of the things I look forward to on Friday's is the Twisted Sister Challenge....this week we were to make an 'Elegant' card, the rest was up to us. I used this image that my dear friend Kathy (aka Wattle) sent me last week, along with lots of stamped scriptures...which is fabulous as I don't own ONE scripture stamp....
I also wanted to make this card for a lady that Cindy shared about on her Blog...you can read Dawn's story here. I am going to send this card to Dawn and I would encourage you to read her story and do the same - be warned, it is very moving!!!
This card is very basic, but I like the finished look. I sponged around the edges of the DP and then ran some embossed card across the middle (after sponging) added some knotted sheer ribbon and then attached the layered image. The corners are enhanced with the insides of a CB Die Cut...I have kept them each time I use it and knew I would use them one day...it appeases the recycler in me!! Some added gems and wha-la.....one card for the Twsited Sister Challenge!! That's it from me, it is after midnight (again) and I need to head off to bed...hopefully we will all sleep in tomorrow morning - 7am is a sleep in at our house for most of us!! I can't imagine sleeping any later...nit that I wouldn't want to try, LOL!!
Thank you for coming by, I love it when you visit...please leave a comment so I know you have been...God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. This card is sooo beautiful! Love the gentle colours and the way you framed the sentiment with stamps. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}