}

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Beautiful Girl


Here is another project that I started last night and only had a flower center to add..but just ran out of steam...so put it aside until today....I have found that it is just not worth proceeding when you feel like that - you can ruin things BIG TIME!!! I am constantly amazed at how much I love scrapbooking...something that I thought I would never do...but as each page comes together I feel such a sense of achievement, as I do when I make cards...but this is something that will remain in our family, something that I am doing just for us...and will always leave my 'signature' in each album. I have not written up the journalling on this page and some of the other ones I have done, that is usually something I will do after photographing....these writings will be expressions of the heart and something that will remain between the pages of the albums. for those who sit and open them. I am going to write underneath the photo and torn paper on this page - that is why there is a gap there - it will be balanced once I have journalled!

I have made this page with the Crafty Creations Challenge and Die Cut Design Challenges as my inspiration - both of these are based on the garden....and this is taken in our garden....9 years ago now. I just love this photo, it is so very much 'Bronte'...she was born ready to party and with such a big heart, her loyalty and empathy are so rare at such a young age! As a baby when the World Vision advertisements would come on TV and the chilren would be on the screen crying, she would come over the the TV and try and give the crying child her dummy/pacifier! Always such a BIG heart!!

I tore the paper strips and then inked them with distressing ink. A length of crotched lace was added along the lower strip and then the chipboard embellishments which had been covered in SU DP, distressed were added and finished off with a layered flower. The lettering is from a Sizzix Alphabet - Boxed Brush, which has been lent to me from my friend Melinda80, who has always been so generous with her supplies and her time!! Thanks Melinda - I appreciate you girl!! For something that doesn't look that involved...it took forever...but that is okay with me as I am not one to rush these things - it is all about the finished page, I want each one to be unique and reflect the person it is about.....I am sure it become easier in time!

Thank you for stopping in, I would love you to leave a comment so I know you have been! Don't forget to call back!! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful lay-out!!! Very elegant and sweet!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Linda. Very simple, but elegant.

    I just realized that I hadn't stopped by to thank you for the lovely blog award you shared with me last week. I am so honored that with all the fabulous blogs out there, you picked mine as one you wanted to share your award with. Thank you so much and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Linda!!!! So very you and vintage (and you nearly gave me a heart attack saying I should sponge on MY card LOL!!!!) That's a lovely story about your daughter too --- such a sweetie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a beautiful page. I love to scrapbook also. Your blog is fantastic.
    Lovely Linda 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Linda!!! Very elegant!! Beautiful layout!!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    Thanks for visiting my blog and always making me smile!! You are such an inspiration to me in so many ways!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}