}

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Calling all Coffee Lovers

There is nothing like that first cup of coffee in the morning - I love to savour it!!! I realise coffee is not everyone's thing - but it is for many of us - I am a professional coffee drinker...and love it!! I do have to say though, I have gone from 4-6 brewed cups of coffee a day down to 1, maybe 2 and that is fine...but...how true is this sentiment!?!

Another Emerson and another great sentiment - love these quirky gals - according to two of the boutiques that sell may cards they really appeal to the 40 -60 age bracket - so that put me in my place - no more denial - sigh!!

This card is for the Die cut Dreams Challenge which Susie and Vikki run each week - it is a lot of fun - if you haven't already checked it out - you need to! This weeks theme is Black and White....as tempting as it was to do an elegant card, which B&W just scream for, I did a CLASSIC - and there is nothing more 'classic' than Emersons!! LOL!

I have also used recycled packaging from a 'faux fur' throw rug we brought and have used the SU Eyelets Border Punch on it - so hello 2RedBananas who are all about reuse, recycle and reduce this week! I love it when I can do more than one challenge with the one card - it's a bit of a 'buzz'. So with that in mind The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge for this week is all about Shimmer and this card has that - I have used CE on the sunnies and the coffee cup, as well as silver and charcoal glitter pens on this gal's dress and the chair - you can't have an Emerson gal with out the bling (in my opinion!)

Thank you for coming by and seeing what I have been up to - please leave a comment so I know you have been, you know I would hate to miss you!!! I hope you have a great day....it is fast approaching evening here....time just flies!! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. love it!! - those Emmerson Gals are just classic - and yes, I am also in 'that' age group!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Linda, great image and sentiment and gorgeous layout. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, Linda!!!! Ineed at least one cup of coffee in the morning before I can function :D:D:D. It does not always work out that way, but I try very hard to be up before my kids so I get to drink at least that one :D:D:D:D. Lovely card, my friend. Hugs and blessing, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi linda thank you so much for joining in with my blog candy and you are wlecome to visit me anytime as long as you dont mind all my cats hehehe

    hugs tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Zombie with out my coffee in the morning - LOL!!! Your card is too fun and beautiful - Linda!!!
    Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}