}

Friday, July 17, 2009

My Guys


It is Friday and you know what that means - the Twisted Sister Challenge - this week was given by the newbie, Mrs Boz...and what a standard she has set!! The requirements are: 'NO neutrals except black, brown or dark gray. NO WHITE, NO IVORY, NO VANILLA! You get the picture. You can use dp all you want and possibly stamp your images on that. You can also use light colors such as light yellows or pinks for your main image panel, or use dark colors and stamp with white. Any embellies are OK.'

Now I have stayed within these boundaries, even though I did comment that I would have to bend the rulz - but really I have pushed them to their limits NOT bent them! Can you see what it is...well, the GENUINE image is stamped on Creme card (NOT white, ivory or vanilla) I am drawing upon a technicality...just call it artistic licence! Then take into consideration that the image is from a RAK from Sistah Pat Smethers...do I need to say anymore!?!? LOL!!

I have done a scrapbook page for this weeks challenge and have used light blue/green patterned DP (my favourite SU set of all time!) and inked it with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink, which is brown, as are the faux buckle and hinges. I have also stamped my sentiment in brown....so how am I doing so far!?!? All hardware is the tarnished look (technically brown) and the envelopes are a light brown.

The subjects of my page are my DH and DS - I just love this photo of them...it shows the love and bond that they have and is so natural as well. I am working my way through 4 B&W's that my DH had in frames and then they disappeared...but not for long...they are now in my scrapbooking folder, waiting to be scrapped and tell a story! Speaking of that - behind the main envelope is a hidden journaling tag with 'DAD' embossed in bronze on the front and journaling on the back! I love the hidden journaling and will probably use it on most pages.

So there you have it - I hope it meets your requirements - I have already been banished to the 'back of the bus' with one of my Twisted Sisters Lesley - coz we both believe that RULZ are meant to be broken - LOL! We are the only ones that DARE to say it out loud! Personally, I love the back of the bus - we always had a lot of fun there - until I got travel sick - so be warned SISTAHS!!!

Thank you for dropping in - I would love you to leave a comment so I know you have been - it makes my day!!! My eldest two are at Youth Group after us spending a good part of the day at the Ten Pin Bowling Alley with around 20 kids - me....well, I took some colouring to do and managed to get two images done - now - that's my kind of bowling!! God bless you!

7 comments:

  1. I love this Linda! What a great photo!!! Love the little envies... so ok... you definitely pushed the limits but hey.... a technicality is a technicality!!! You go sister!!! Love your page... it's priceless! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is beautiful work adore the colours used x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vintage look Linda - fab :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda first I would like to thank you for your lovely comments about my blog and for becoming a follower. I always like to repay this act of kindness and could not ignore your invitation to pay you a visit. I am so so glad I did I do so love your creations your style is just fabulous and I have also become your follower so I may visit you often. I like you have made so many friends and I am truly in awe of the talent, creativity and inspiration that I am able to visit daily.

    I love your cards and just adore this scrapbook page the colours are my favourite and you have done a wonderful job.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Linda what an awesome page...perfect for the guys...this is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and putting up the blog candy! e

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very masculine and the boys would love it I am sure. Great envelopes too! Wow!
    x Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}