}

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

An Eternal God

What a great feeling to be NEARLY caught up with my His Holy Name Challenges...this attribute is ETERNAL...quite a concept for us to think on in this disposable age....things aren't made to last never mind be eternal! It is comforting to me to know that God is not a 'passing phase' or a trend, but He is Eternal , always was and always will be!

I have the cross at the centre of this image, as it is so crucial to our faith and the red heart in the middle is symbolic of the blood that was shed for us...and the power that is in the blood of Jesus! I have used this fabulous set called Gothic Crosses from Layers of Color, along with Nature Walk - how could I resist them. If you haven't been there before make sure you pop over and have a look! The flowers are symbolic of life, both the life of God and the life in God, His beauty is all around us, always has been, when our eyes are truly opened we then see our Creator at work!

I sponged the edges of the image and the scripture, chalked all images, cutting out the Cross, flowers and leaves and popping them up on dimensionals. I then added nail bling, which I just love using....it is amazing how such small gems can do so much for a card or page!! Also, the DP had been embossed through the Cuttlebug for extra dimension! I have added a close up so you can see all of the dimension that is going on with the card - it can be hard to see front on!

I love this scripture....The King Eternal...incorruptible...the only wise God, what powerful statements, what amazing attributes....thank God that He is incorruptible....when we as people can so easily be corrupted...so I have to agree with Timothy and say 'To Him be Honour and Glory forever ....the challenge for me is not just to say it BUT to live it!!!

Thank you for stopping by, it is always such a 'buzz' for me to see that you have been and read your comments - you make my day!! God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. Linda this is stunning!!! The cross is so beautiful and I love the red heart... representing the blood of Christ and what His shed blood means to us! Your flowers are gorgeous as is the whole page! Kudos to you for getting caught up! I feel so far behind on this one I'm not sure if I'll ever get caught up, but I am doing a daily on line prayer/study on the names/ attributes of God through Crosswalk and it is great too! So I might not ever get my pages done but I'm thankful for God's Word that's always there ready to be read! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous page and wonderful Scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Linda, love the colour combo!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW,this is amazing!!! Your choice of colours,images and elements all work so beautifully together.....what a masterpiece!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have grown so much as a stamper Linda. I mean that. You see tiny bits of detail that I never even think of. I really like the cross with the heart. I think it is a significant symbol. Drawing from your strength makes my day. This is amazing and so are you..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANOTHER awesome card my friend!!!! Your cut work and colouring are fantastic and what a wonderful layout and design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, there aren't enough special words to describe how gorgeous your cards are, Linda! Spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}