}

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

LOC Friendship

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a great week!  Today I wanted to show you something that was quick to make and very pretty (in my opinion! LOL)  It is another UFO (unfinished object - yay!)


I don't know how you do it, but when I am cutting DP I usually cut the whole 12 x12 into the size I use for my cards - this saves me time later and keeps my supplies tidier - but this can also build up rather quickly....so I am working my way through them - this DP is from DCWV - Once Upon a Time Stack - I have embossed it with the Victoria Embossing Folder - I love embossing DP - it gives so much texture.


The sentiment is a free digi and I am going to have to go hunting for the site - I know it but cannot recall it at this time - I am coming back to add it here as I love the sentiments there - I have cut it using the Grand Calibur and the divine Label 18.  It is then layered onto an embossed Classic Oval.


Now here is my secret weapon - the gorgeous butterfly from Layers of Color Butterfly Collector art stamp set.  It never ceases to amaze me how one little detail can add so much to a card - these fabulous butterflies do it every time and this little butterfly brought this card to life - the flower is one that I have had in my stash for some time and is part of a RAK - if you know who makes these can you please let me know - it is gorgeous - only small but so pretty!! 


The card base has also been cut with the Grand Calibur and Labels 17 - this is fast becoming one of my favourite Nestibilities - I love the shape of it and the way it dresses up a basic card shape - and we all love that - right!! 

This card is for the following challenges:
Claudia & Co - Butterflies
Creative Craft Challenges - Recycling - White CS is the back of a Christmas Card
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps - Olden Days or Vintage
The Stamping Boutique - Winged Things
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Pollycraft - Anything Goes
Try It On Tuesday - A Card using Something older than 6mths and something newer than 6mths (Older DP and newer Nestie)
Cupcake Craft - Something Beginning with C - Cuttlebug Folder


You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner

You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

24 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love your layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty in my opinion, too!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card, beautiful antique feel to it. Sadly the rules at Sweet Stamps state that to be eligible to win the prize you can only enter your card in 10 challenges. Perhaps you will visit us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great project..love the autumn colours...thanks for joing us over at CCC

    good luck

    sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another totally gorgeous creation. Thanks for playing at Cupcake again. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab & lovely card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! HUgs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great UFO!!! Way to go Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card very elegant,thankyou for joining us on the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing...Lovely card !!! I love this card so much.. This is great designs and artwork.
    This butterfly is looking gorgeous.
    Thanks for this great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Linda! Gorgeous colors and layout. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is a stunner - love your layers and embossing on the layers.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card,love the colours,thanks for sharing it with us at Try it on Tueday,luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday in ANYTHING GOES challenge!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is gorgeous..And you are right, that stunning butterfly brings it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty Linda! Love the flower with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card and lovely sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, I love the paper you used on the frame and what a great added touch on the butterfly. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, Linda! I like how the butterfly looks like leaves under the flower, clever and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely job. Layers are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Stamping Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, your card is beautiful. i love the little flower too. Great use of the back of an old card. Thanks for playing at Creative Craft Challenge. Hugs and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous Butterfly!! thanks for playing with Claudia and Company! Joy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}