}

Sunday, May 29, 2011

SSIC91 As It Is...

I hope you are having a great weekend - don't they come around quickly and go even faster - they are the quickest 48 hours of the week.  With the weekend comes Sunday and we know that Sunday means it is time for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge....this week our hostess is the very talented Kristine - who has chosen:
"I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."
Ecclesiastes 3:14

Kristine has also set a sketch as our challenge - we have been challenged to follow the sketch to a "T" - not adding anything to it, or taking anything away from it

I have used the Layers of Color Vintage Roses art stamp set



I have stamped the image twice, colouring it with Prismacolor Pencils using Gamsol, cutting one out and popping it up on foam tape.  The other has been cut out with a Spellbinders Grand Calibur using the Standard Circles - Lge  Nesitibilitie


This card is for the following challenges:
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Crafty Emma - Embossing
Card Makin Mama's - Use Your Scraps
Just Add Ink - Just Add Fussy Cutting
Phindy's Place - Summer Living
Craft Us Crazy - Rembrance and/or Love
Digi Doodles Shops Best - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
Paper Romance - Distressing
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Vintage
Crafting for all Seasons - Anything Goes
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Delicious Doodles - Lovely Lace
Our sponsor this week is Sweet 'N Sassy!
We want to thank Korin for her generosity!
The winner will be able to choose  3 FREE free digis!
You can see Kristine's devotional on over at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.
Make sure you stop by the Design Team Blogs and see that gorgeous 'works of the heart' they have created for you!!

*Lisa Chris Grace * Kristine * MariLynn * Peggysue * Randi  (on break)* Miejse * Rebekka * Sabrina*
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner
You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!
Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day! I am keeping my computer time shorter these days - the glare plays havoc on my eyes - I have my other surgery on June 9 and after recovery time, I am hoping to come and spend some QUALITY time with you!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

26 comments:

  1. Linda this is beautiful, and the colours are so nice and 'fresh'. the roses just pop against the simple colours, and I love the lace :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful

    Wendy M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! Oh gf I just love this card! These beautiful roses are popping off the page!!! Love all the little Linda details!!!! It was good to see you this am!!! Hope you are having a so wonderful weekend... or what's left of it for you!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Your coloring is awesome, and the colors are so cheerful. Thanks for joining us at DDSB, we look forward to seeing you again. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning my sista, What a fabulous job on the sketch this morning.. The roses are gorgeous in framed with this embossing and the beautiful dp.
    Have a great week
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch - such a gorgeous card! So glad you linked it at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda... this is really beautiful!! I just love your take on the sketch. Very rosey and femanine! *Ü* Have a blessed week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Linda! The colors are stunning!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with us at TPS this week.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very lovely card Linda! I love those roses and the embellies really pull it all together!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS and hope to see you next time!
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely Linda, thanks for joinnig us at DDSB
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. sooo beautiful linda...loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.Lovely colour combo and love how you've used the image -clever idea.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you've shaded those lovely bright flowers. Fab card. Annette xx (2 Sisters DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya Linda! I really love how you did this sketch! So darn cute! Love the flowers and always the details that you put into your cards! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful Linda!! Love the roses, your colors and your take on the sketch!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. Hope to see you again soon.

    Natasha
    craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so refreshingly lovely, as Grace said, it pops off the computer screen! Love the color combination and what you did with the roses, simply fab! I will be praying for your surgery to be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. GORGEOUS! I know I have been rambling, but I have been so frustrated with trying to sign in and leave comments via blogger. I switched security to the lowest setting and I think I'm good now. I hope you wake up to a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card- lovely vibrant colours!!! Thanks for joining in with our Embossing challenge at CES this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  23. these roses are gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at 2 Sisters! =)Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello there my sweet friend Linda!! I have to tell you I so love this beautiful card!! Your attention to detail is always so perfect....love it!! Sorry I am late commenting, but my girls are home on summer break. Sending you hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, your combination of materials and colours is soooooo good. This card really rocks! Thank you for joining us at the CMM challenge.
    X Mariska

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}