}

Sunday, May 1, 2011

SSIC Blue Bird

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge is brought to us this week by one of our New Design Sistah's MariLynn - what a privilege it is for us to have her as part of the team


The scripture MariLynn has chosen is

"And we know that all things God works together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose."
 Romans 8:28
 
MariLynn has challenged us to use no designer paper - must start as a solid - I don't know about you but this is not a natural thing for me to do - I love Designer Paper - I love to emboss it, stamp on it and use it at every opportunity - so I am greatly challenged this week and have decided to KISS - Keep It Simple Sistah!! !  LOL!
 

I have used this gorgeous set from Stampin' Up, it was a birthday gift - my friends all know that I LOVE stamps - wahoo - thanks girls!!


I embossed the DP with a Tim Holtz Embossing Folder - I love the depth of the embossing - and sponged around the edges and even thought the DP is not patterned I love the look of it - see, I chose the busiest embossing folder that I have to compensate!  LOL!

The large flower from Kaiser was added on top of some crochet lace and a lovely old vintage button from my stash - I love the texture on this button.


This card is for the following challenges:
Just Add Ink - Just Add a Flower
Fashionista Friday - Things with Wings
Stamp Something - Things with Wings
Creations by Gill - Birds in Your Garden
Sugar Creek Hollow - Embossing
Sweet Stampin' - Try Something New - plain CS

A big THANK YOU to our sponsor for this week


You can see MariLynn's devotional on over at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Make sure you stop by the Design Team Blogs and see that gorgeous 'works of the heart' they have created for you!!

*Lisa Chris Grace * Kristine * MariLynn * Peggysue * Randi  (on break)* Miejse * Rebekka * Sabrina*

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

20 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Linda, beautiful design and beautiful lace..I have this set but have not used it but once. "bad girl" :)
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... I love your style Linda... I can tell a LL card a mile away as it stands out in the crowd. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda ~ I'm really liking this card. The hummingbird, the background, the blues and brown, lace, embossing folder. Very well done. My dh gave me a big shot for an early mother's day gift. I have a handful of embossing folders, and just love what can be done with them. I'll be looking for the one you used here. You're a delight, and your cards are a breath of fresh air. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Linda! The colors are so rich and pretty and really lovin that hummingbird! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,


    Gorgeous card. Love hte colours.

    Love Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job for not using dp! Knew you could and would come up with something fabulous. The embossing looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Linda! Another example of how capable you are at meeting a challenge, and how 'simple' can be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful job with this Linda!! I also LOVE embossing but admit I don't get it out enough. I always grab the DP too ;) Your bird image is so pretty! Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, gorgeous card. I love how your card turned out. I wouldn't have thought to stamp the flourish over the hummingbird. Awesome job. I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo pretty Linda! I love the embossing folder and the sponging... your lace and that hummingbird... all gorgeous! You have good friends I'd say!!! :) Have a wonderful week!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Linda!! I just love the embossed background and your colors! It has a vintage flair!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours you've chosen and I love that stamp set too. Thanks for playing at JAI

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how gorgeous. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stamping this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty card, I love the image it is beautiful and the embossing is fab!! Thanks fior joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - this is a stunner! And so clean cut.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you take KISS and kick it up to a new level, this is wonderful! Love the blue and the embossing, the flower, all good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there my sweet friend! Let me tell you, your card is stunning!!! I love this fabulous lace you have used and that embossing folder...awesome!! I am still sick :C. It's better some days and when you think you are on the mend it gets worse again. Woke up this morning wth my eye being fire engine red and irritating me to no end. With ll of this said...sorry I have been MIA! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very elegant card! the colors are beautiful and the embossing is fabulous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So good to see you at Sugar Creek Hollow Linda! Your card is a vintage beauty and I love the rich textures you've created. That antique button is gorgeous atop the flower and the lace is a lovely touch. Thanks for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow embossing challenge. Hope you join us this week for the sketch challenge at SCH.
    Sharon, SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}